Proflex 752 '92 // Melting elastomer...

Jamis Diablo

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Picked this up yesterday after searching the local ads out of boredom.
I always liked the looks of these early Proflex's.
It is a '92 752, the owner replaced the elastomers in the back and in the flexstem for steel bushings :shock:
Later he bought this fork to get a little comfort.
He had saved the elastomers, so I put them back, but I don't think it is how it should be yet.

p4pb6802261.jpg

I'm not sure what to do with it, it is in not so good shape, the fork is stuck, the elastomers are hard, the chainrings are worn, the saddle is worn :roll:
But it was cheap, the tires are good and I have something to do till my Suntour parts arrive for my Dakota.

Looks good to me, probably came with a rigid fork originally. You should be able to find elastoemrs for the Flexstem or even replace it with a working one, I hear some Landrover parts can be used for the rear suspension on these. visit the idriders Proflex forum for more info.

Lookwise a black seat and seatpost would do good on there to make a smoother over all appearance i think.
Just checked the 93 catalogue..the original is silver though.

Re: I was bored, so bought this Proflex

Jamis Diablo":11t6t9lp said:
Picked this up yesterday after searching the local ads out of boredom.

But it was cheap, the tires are good and I have something to do ...

Woooh, that sounds familiar!! :LOL: :LOL:

Looking nice for a local pick up!

Just enjoy it for the moment!! ;)

proflex

have this frame in the man cave as well, still deciding what to do with it but mine has the rigid Proflex spinner forks in mint condition as a set of manitou 2's had found there way on it lovely bike your frame is in much better condition than mine though

good luck with what you decide to do

Back