Shimano STI brake/gear levers or similar

willc

Retro Newbie
Hi all

I am enjoying my 'new' Denton steel frame, but the one retro thing I need to get swap is a gear shift on the levers (probably get jeered off the forum for that statement but anyway....)

Does anyone have any Shimano or compatible break/gear levers for sale. Don't need to be flash but do need to work properly. Rear cassette is a 7 speed with a spacer, so i guess i need a min 8 speed, and front mech is a double.

Many thanks

Will

bear in mind, if its a 7 speed cassette, then 8/9/10 is spaced differently and your shifters wont work. you'll have to buy a corresponding cassette or stick with some 7 speed sti's.

Thanks Pigman - I'm learning every day! i meant to buy a frame and build it up......but this Denton was just the right frame with the right bits already built!

So i guess i'm after a 7 or 8 speed shifter, and as you say i'll change the cassette if needs be.

Thanks for keeping me straight.

Will

I've got a left-hand Ultegra 6400 (Tricolour) STI for double chainset dating from early/mid '90'sin very nice condition if you find a rear unit only. Don't think I'll be needing it now so £24 posted.

Back