Weekend 22/23rd Dec - North Downs

Saturday or sunday ?

• Saturday 22nd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sunday 23rd

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
fritz":1291owd9 said:
hey wu, does everyone else know about your tendancy to change tyres halfway through a north downs ride?

I thought it was cycling outfits?? :LOL:

TheGreenRabbit":2yvim8wh said:
Ok Saturday it is then . . .

Any one want to lead ? (I have no idea of the area)

Below is a copy of the start location from the spring meet -

Location – Westcott (North Downs) just west of Dorking on A24.

Meet - Milton Heath Car Park .

Head west out of Dorking on the A25 and about a mile down the road you will see sports fields on your left hand side, look for a left turning, Milton Street. The link below shows you roughly where the Car park is situated. I don’t remember a sign as such but apparently it is sign post to ‘Bury Hill Fisheries’. Visible from the road there's a layby that can only take about 5 cars but go past that into the carpark and my source reckons about 30 to 40 cars can fit in there.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x ... newmap.srf

Time – We are looking to meet at 10am. Obviously some people have further to come than others and some will invariably get lost so realistically we will try and leave the Car park and start riding around 10:30am.

I will bring Tea Coffee and a stove for a pre/post ride brew

can some one bring cups/mugs and mince pies !!!

and wu its only 10 mins up the road

So it's just around the corner from Nirvana Cycles then (c1km from the look of it). http://www.nirvanacycles.com/index.htm

They do rides on Saturdays themselves at 9.30 (3-4 hrs, hard) and 10.00 Freeride, so it says here. They also sell good maps of local trails.

BITD (199:cool: they were the only shop in the UK selling Rocky Mountains, as Rocky had no UK importer but Nirvana were importing them direct. But unfortunately they don't stock Rockies any more. Oh well.

Hilts and I bough a map for the Feb meet , pretty useless it was .
all best part are not on the map but Simon knows the place very well so should be fun .

we will ride past Nirvana on our way to the trails . Problem with westcott is that you cant park anywhere .

Sorry chaps, but I'm gonna have to bail on the Meet :cry: :oops:

My sister is having Xmas Drinks at hers on the Saturday arvi/night so I'll be heading down to Brighton with the Missus in the morning.. I would do the ride and turn up late etc. but this will be the first Xmas I'll spend with my family in a few years :?

tintin40":f2tfs4h7 said:
Shame i was really looking forward to meeting you 'Kingroon' :(

Yeah mate, likewise, plenty of time in the NY for sure.. :cool:

How many are coming then?

The Ibis is working fine I tested it yesterday :D

ND041690.JPG

Hope i don't put the kiss of luck but the weather forcast is looking good :D

Back