Fat Chance Buckshaver

Ziggy

Senior Retro Guru
My wee Fat... just fitted the Rock Shox, (used to have the RC-30s that are currently on my P7 - see other thread!) so I figured I'd finally take a couple of pics! If I was feeling better I'd have taken a ride somewhere, but I'm not, so sorry for the poor location! :)

buck64001.jpg

buck64002.jpg

Sapphire fade! ...or something close

Beautifull colour fade anyway. Beautifull bike.

Thanks! :)
It's never been 'finished' & I don't think it is now either... Not sure what to do with the post / stem particularly, & whether to go more retro on the drivetrain...

I can't see the pics anymore - probably just my pc, but I've re-hosted them elsewhere incase it's not my problem!

buck64001zw0.jpg

buck64002ww2.jpg

Nothing wrong with showing that bike multiple times :D ;)

That is XTR m950, right? My Yo has some m950 bits too. They were the original equipment. My Yo originates from late '95.

Syncros stems I consider an okay pick for FATs. The hinged version is only not the prettiest... If sticking to Syncros and you're going for a matching post, you loose the current set back. Dilemmas... :roll:

:LOL:

I have some of the quirky RaceFace stems laying around. Give me a call when those come in the picture.

The Family Buck

They must have had some paint leftover from spraying mine... :LOL:

Mine's got some blue SIDs on now - they match this paint nicely, IMHO.

Mr K

Attachments

• Uncle Buck.jpg
    Uncle Buck.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 1,826
Elev12k":3ouoko42 said:
Nothing wrong with showing that bike multiple times :D ;)

That is XTR m950, right? My Yo has some m950 bits too. They were the original equipment. My Yo originates from late '95.

Syncros stems I consider an okay pick for FATs. The hinged version is only not the prettiest... If sticking to Syncros and you're going for a matching post, you loose the current set back. Dilemmas... :roll:

:LOL:

I have some of the quirky RaceFace stems laying around. Give me a call when those come in the picture.

Well I can still only see one set of the pics, so... :p

The XTR bits weren't original to this bike (& I'm not going back to Sugino!), but I do like them... Just not sure if a more pimpy chainset might suit (I think probably not - It does get ridden afterall!). But the front mech is m900 as is the rear hub, so it doesn't really match all that well at the moment.

I'm more bothered about the stem / post though - the Syncros I had lying about & just needed to use it when I fitted these forks (threaded -> ahead). Can't say I'm really a fan, although like you said some Syncros stuff's nice! & the post is a NOS zoom lightweight that I picked up for £3. Twas mainly because I was desperate to do away with shimmed posts & not that many nice 29.4's seem to come up. I do like it though - the layback, colour, design, the fact that it's steel... if only I wasn't such a brand snob, I'd just look for the stem to match! :LOL:

Re: The Family Buck

mrkawasaki":3rrj044u said:

Mr K

I do like the colour!
It worked well with the purple pace forks, but I kinda like the contrast with the yellow! :)

Re: The Family Buck

mrkawasaki":2c7xwvvf said:

Mr K

Very nice MrK, just enough purple, well done

Hi,

I initially had a Moby on my Yo. Like you I prefered somewhat more setback. I had a Heylight made. You can choose sizing and colour. It was already around when our bikes were new. It is a very well, inteligent made part. Moreover the post has an open top, so mosture can dry easier.

You won't find a matching stem though. Heylight doesn't do stems.

hey, Bucks are getting popular!

And both those are very nice examples. Great colour fades :)
Mine is arrest me red, which is not actually my fave colour..
Had a syncros, now a Moby, but also have a Thomson post for when I want to ride it properly ;)

Back