I'm proud of my Santa Cruz Tazmon, it's finished.

Tonka Time!

Leaders don't look 'right' on many bikes, so it's inspiring to see such a strong execution here. I'm struggling to find a frame to match a pair I have - maybe I'll follow you and go down the Santa Cruz route.

Not a fan of the wheels/saddle mind - I think they make the bike look 'heavy' - for what that's worth.

Having said that, your bikes always look 'macho' and tough, Fred! :cool: :LOL:

Mr K

I think the wheels look ace. :D

I can't think of any others that would look that 'right' now I've seen them.

I'm not normally a fan of carbon wheels, but on this occasion...nothing else would do the job as well.

Very cool....I wish it was mine. :cool:

GTRTS&AVALANCHE":q70qgykz said:
:shock:

:cool: build by the way.

What does it weigh?

It a nice looking bike, but looks heavy. I think its not helped by the Spingery's, so be nice to see what it looks like with some traditional spoked wheels.
It's not as heavy as it looks, but I agree with the Dart and Smoke it has an aggressive tractor look that was not intended at the begening but very welcome now. It looks like it wants to go out and ride, i will weigh it and see what it looks like with std spokes, good idea.

Re: Tonka Time!

mrkawasaki":1xq33g7s said:
Having said that, your bikes always look 'macho' and tough, Fred! :cool: :LOL:

Mr K

I see what you mean, it must be the black tireson black rims + riser bars i guess. You'll have to wait till my next bike in this section to see i'm not that "macho". it will be for next week i think. Stay tuned

cherrybomb":2sdlij4v said:
I think the wheels look ace. :D

I can't think of any others that would look that 'right' now I've seen them.

I'm not normally a fan of carbon wheels, but on this occasion...nothing else would do the job as well.

Very cool....I wish it was mine. :cool:

Thanks!! i bought these wheels because i didn't want to wait to find hubs spokes and rims to match. So one auction and here we are : a pair of wheels!
I agree with you on the result : i usually don't like Spinergys on other bikes, but they do the job here, the same for the fork as Mr. K mentionned. These are components that usually make bikes look off balance, it's not the case here, hummmm I really like my bike :p can I say that again? :LOL:

nice job Fred - looks awesome. Maybe we'll see you on that one at the Euro meet next year then?

Santa Cruz

Nice looking bike, Fred. I helped Mert develop the Leader fork and we found that it helps braking if you add a brake bridge brace to the Leader in front of the brake.

FRED101":1mroiyz5 said:
GTRTS&AVALANCHE":1mroiyz5 said:
:shock:
:cool: build by the way.
What does it weigh?
It a nice looking bike, but looks heavy. I think its not helped by the Spingery's, so be nice to see what it looks like with some traditional spoked wheels.

It's not as heavy as it looks, but I agree with the Dart and Smoke it has an aggressive tractor look that was not intended at the begening but very welcome now. It looks like it wants to go out and ride, i will weigh it and see what it looks like with std spokes, good idea.

I'm back for a second look and the wheels on this bike are growing on me :D I think it would look like a different bike with std wheels mind.
Still interested to see what she weighs though ;)

I was geting curious too si I just weighed it with the scale of the bathroom (for it's worth a good one, with 100gr precision). and it's quite light at 12,8 kg (ok ok it's 28,25 lbs). Considering my intention was not to build it light, i'm pleased with this relative low weight for a vintage full sus.
For the record at 2kg a pair (yeah that's 4,4 lbs) Spinergy wheels are not that heavy compared to other "carbon" wheels (Spin comes to mind). So you're right there's some weight to gain here, but it looks tooo good like that (and it's cold in the garage). :LOL:

Back