Bontrager

orange71":549mji40 said:
who set him off? :roll:

Doesn't take much these days I'm afraid

Lid":549mji40 said:
Looking nice real nice. The bar/stem combo of looks great.
Wondering about the Sycross post and the V's though...(?)

I'd welcome suggestions for other post and brake options (note: no rear canti braze on so it would have to be a hanger)

Ooooh purdy bike! Saw my credit card bill and had to clean the floor! No more bikes for me for a year I'm afraid ( dull backstory: my mum's insurance company stiffed us on their policy so I had to pay for her funeral....FUN CHRISTMAS! ).

what happened to the head badge?

i really like the look of a white bontrager*

*i did that just for you

hollister":3194fvlu said:
what happened to the head badge?

i really like the look of a white bontrager*

*i did that just for you

I got it without the headbadge (funds didn't run that far I'm afraid).

Looking above I must do something about the left thumbshifter, a clear sign that I haven't got it ready for riding yet

Very clean bike Ed, nice.
What size frame is that? I have a large Bonty ( ;) ) here that needs a respray, and was undecided black or white :? , but it may be a little large for me :cry:

Not sure of actual size, would need to measure but from memory the top tube is about 23.5 / 23.75 inches centre to centre (measured with a dressmakers tape!).

Incidentally the colour is a bit more cream than it looks in the photos, certainly off white, goes well with the brown decals I think.

wtf?!? you are a giant man.. the amount of post showing is insane. you could a ride a bike at least 2 sizes bigger.
you need a 29er.

btw.. beautifull bonty.

I like the painted to match forks.

The correct look with just a hint of different.

Hell of a lot of seat post showing though...

purplewicked":2k6i25fx said:
wtf?!? you are a giant man.. the amount of post showing is insane. you could a ride a bike at least 2 sizes bigger.
you need a 29er.

btw.. beautifull bonty.

Well, I do like my seatpost high!

I think I'd struggle with larger sizes though as the top tube here is pretty long (note to self - compare to XL Yo and 21" P7) - the proof will be in the riding though.

I do fancy having a go on a 29er at some point if only to see what it is like, certainly looks a good option for us bigger bike riders

Back