Possibly nicked

graham1975

Senior Retro Guru
Looking alittle dodgy to me, nice looking bike and an excellant bike according to the reviews, but im one for looking at things in the background and it looks like a house that a 1K bike does not belong in.
also he has sold lots of wierd random cycling items, from Northface jackets to sweatmats!! But all cycling parts, me thinking he knows someone who may just work in Halfrauds.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOARDMAN-FS-PRO-M ... 3cb9112000

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
completely changed from original spec too. dropper seat post but no mention in the description? bit odd..

graham1975":3l4ihuyz said:
Looking alittle dodgy to me, nice looking bike and an excellant bike according to the reviews, but im one for looking at things in the background and it looks like a house that a 1K bike does not belong in.
also he has sold lots of wierd random cycling items, from Northface jackets to sweatmats!! But all cycling parts, me thinking he knows someone who may just work in Halfrauds.

What did you do with your freetime before eBay existed?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
graham1975":1owb9f7z said:
it looks like a house that a 1K bike does not belong in

Looks can be deceiving:

83e63fb5.png

This photo was taken just after we bought a new house and gutted it. There's £20,000 worth of bikes in this sh*thole! :LOL: [/img]

graham1975":uue1v7r8 said:

These comments are actually libellous.

Freewheeler1968":6u2epdqq said:
These comments are actually libellous.

Not really, he has just said that bike doesn't look like it belongs in that house and that the person may have a friend who works in Halfords.

They are statements of belief, you have read that statement as he has a mate who works in halfords who is stealing stuff for him to sell for profit. Its you who has mentally inferred some thing that could possibly referred to as libellous.

Even the title says 'possibly nicked', not this bike is stolen. He has just applied a belief he has based on the evidence presented. He hasn't purposefully presented a lie as a fact. In the same line a murder suspect who is arrested and charged with murder but acquitted can't sue the police for libel because they believed the evidence showed that he was the guilty party.

Libel also requires a proof of lost or damage due to the statement, again, there's not much evidence of that as he got £780 for it, not a bad return on a £1000 bike!

pete_mcc.....I could'nt of put it any better myself, Thats one of the best replies i have ever read on Retrobikes :LOL: Some people ey :eek:
Freewheeler1968 was it your bike in your house and thats why you took such an offence to my topic heading!?

No.

What I am objecting to is comments, like yours, which have no substantial basis.

If you had been to see the bike, spoke with the vendor and got a sense of something not being quite right then yes, fair enough otherwise you are either speculating or wishing to damage the vendor's credibility.

And, Petrocelli, thanks for your reply. If the comments are not libellous then, in a sense, this is worse as there is no comeback.

N

Back