sub 16lb M2 stumpie

cheers Giles

glad you like it, cheers for selling her to me, i thought red was the colour to go for, got a company in newbury to powder coat it. CY coating, cost 60 quid but cant recomend them enough, top job.

stubbsy :D

That's the best custom single speed mtb I've seen for a long time and built up so nicely. Giving me ideas.

fantastic

Looks lovely, will be very interested in how it is in 1x9 (10) speed.
Any special things you have to look out for in getting an aluminium frame powdercoated? Just need to find a good reliable powdercoater in Glasgow and rebuild my Kona.

Re: fantastic

jupiter":294qlrkr said:
Looks lovely, will be very interested in how it is in 1x9 (10) speed.
Any special things you have to look out for in getting an aluminium frame powdercoated? Just need to find a good reliable powdercoater in Glasgow and rebuild my Kona.

dont try to get the old paint burnt off as it will melt the frame :roll: to get the old paint removed i would recomend glass bead blasting as it is gentler on the frame than shot blast. i tried chemical dipping to get the paint of this one and it was a waste of time, make sure that the powder coaters you are going to use know about bikes and covering threads. i paid 60 quid for the powder coat and they did a great job :D

decals were from Gil and were spot on just what i was after ;)

hope this helps

Absolutely awesome, very impressive! Just building up a 98 stumpy and u have inspired me with a few ideas. Also toying with a 1 x 9 set up. How's yours ride now it's finished?

superstu":g7cwgrgw said:
Absolutely awesome, very impressive! Just building up a 98 stumpy and u have inspired me with a few ideas. Also toying with a 1 x 9 set up. How's yours ride now it's finished?

cheers

have not had a proper ride yet, on baby sitting duties as the wife is off at the take that concert, 2 nights in a row :roll: and she says i am addicted to bikes :LOL:

have a lovely sram xo rear mech and shifter to go on, will update as soon as i can but am in the middle of my cervelo road bike build( modern :oops: )

Really impressive looking ride, a little too nice to use ;)

Liking the colour and esp the weight :shock: , good to see a before and after picture too and all the components listed nice touch.

Dave :D

Back