I'm proud of my Santa Cruz Tazmon, it's finished.

FRED101

Old School Hero
Hello guys,
Some info about this bike and the "history" behind it.
I bought this frame on ebay.de some months ago because it was in good condition and not too expensive + i like full sus and the Tazmon is one of the pioneers (see the now famous article in Bike).
So I receive this bike with its Risse rear shock, an evident match for the front was one of the two Risse equiped Lawwill Leader for i have in my collection. My friend Peter working in a bike suspension center made both shocks like new (thank you!).
The fork is made by Control Tech and i like the look of the other pieces they used to make, so let's go for CT brakes, stem and seat post. The rest of the components is IMHO a perfect balance of black white and silver.
Some NOS tires, saddle, rear der, chainrings, grips and here we go.
I'm very proud of this bike and how it looks. the funny thing is that it's my prefered bike since i assembled it from scratch (unlike the other bike i bought complete), after this experience, i don't think i'll buy complete bikes anymore. I know where the fun is!

Attachments

• DSC02015.JPG
    DSC02015.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 5,972
  • DSC02011.JPG
    DSC02011.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 5,972
  • DSC02010.JPG
    DSC02010.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 5,972
  • DSC02009.JPG
    DSC02009.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 5,972
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
that is very lovely - i've always liked tazmons, and control tech kit. so i was always going to like it :)

some more pics

Attachments

• DSC02016.JPG
    DSC02016.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 5,964
  • DSC02017.JPG
    DSC02017.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 5,964
:shock:

:cool: build by the way.

What does it weigh?

It a nice looking bike, but looks heavy. I think its not helped by the Spingery's, so be nice to see what it looks like with some traditional spoked wheels.

That looks like a monster, the forks asthetically matches the frame well, and the wheels look mental,

Back