Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scarfacexxx08's Kona Kilauea

• mikeekim89's 1993 Fat Chance Yo Eddy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Voted

I am biased but all those early steel hardtails are lovely. You don't need to spend mega money to get a lovely bike. :)

classen":2fq70k3p said:
I must admit I'm a bit a bike snob so when I see what I consider a BSO I usually just skip on down to the next entry, but I really like this one.

Bloody cheek!! :roll:

classen":1xjbp6gy said:
I'm also strangely attracted to Jamis Diablo's 1989 Jamis Diablo. I just want to tighten up those toe straps and hammer down my local single track trail. I'm not a big fan of the yellow cables, but they do accent the other yellow bits nicely. I must admit I'm a bit a bike snob so when I see what I consider a BSO I usually just skip on down to the next entry, but I really like this one.
I didn't want t response to this, but I do it anyway.
It is not nice to call someones bike a BSO, no matter what kind of snob you are.
The reason I like Jamis is becaue of their great quality and nice build frames.
Jamis produced MTB's since '83 and is still going stong, winning prices every year for great value for money.
They have always, and still are, produced high quality steel MTB and road frames.
You don't have to worry it will crack or rust easily like some famous brands, it just goes on.
I bought my first MTB in '90, and just rode it every day, never saw programs or read mags about MTB's, so I don't have any unicorns I have to collect.
That leaves me with collecting this underdog, which I like a lot, because I know I can beat it hard on the trails, and that is more important for me than having an expensive anodised garage queen.
And it is nice to know you won't find a simulair one on this great forum.
(If it wasn't for that pesky Makster) ;)

fwiw, the Jamis was in my top 3..... not even close to what I'm led to believe constitutes a BSO...

i need 5 votes!

torn between the rocky, Berthoud, ritchey, fisher and c26.

ultimately if i could choose any to have and to hold it would be the c26 (despite the dodgy pic)

Difficult month,

The silver Fat is nice, but for the yellow forks. I also like the Paces and that Stratos build is right on the money, really nice. However, it's between the Berthoud and the Jamis for the vote.

Pictures on the Berthoud are ace, as is the bike and build. But my mate had an early Jamis in 1987, and I recently had the pleasure of riding a retro Jamis in timewarp 1994-95 outfit aound the hills of Aberdeen. I think they are under rated due to the (lack of) history. Plus mr Jamis Diablo is an allround nice-guy and fellow cloggie, the Diablo gets the vote.

Enjoy!!

Jamis Diablo":112ytr2i said:
It is not nice to call someones bike a BSO, no matter what kind of snob you are.

You are right, and for that I apologize. :oops:

I admit I was being a bit cheeky. I don't necessarily want to get into a fruitless argument over what constitutes a BSO. This has almost certainly been already hashed out in other threads here. I imagine there is some gray area and each person has their own threshold. I certainly wasn't intending to insult or offend anyone with my comment.

For whatever reason, Jamis bikes just weren't ever ones that I followed or was at all interested in... then I see your bike in the BOTM poll and I really like the solid look of it, the authentic retro-ness, the laid back angles, and the inviting toe straps and I'm all of a sudden paying close attention to a bike I'd never given a second thought to before.

The Trimble, Berthoud, and Ritchey are all beautiful bikes, and all worthy of votes, but in honour of expanding ones horizons and being reawoken to the awesomenss of retro mt bikes my vote goes for the Jamis.

If ever I have a bike that is even remotely deserving of being entered into the BOTM I promise not to be too offended if people refer to it as a BSO ;)

Back