1991 Trek 8700 Pro

So I had a little time to work on "Orange Crush" today and I swapped out the forks and stem. Need your opinion on what I should do for a seatpost (silver/black). Also let me know what you think?! Not sure about the silver on the bike.

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

Fork is Trek Mogul.

Lookwise the black stem and the original fork are much better in my opinion but maybe there are some good reasons beyond the look for this change?

If it was mine there would be no silver parts.
Any black seatpost will do. The coolest i can imagine would be a Syncros carbon seat post.

juice":2011m7ji said:
Lookwise the black stem and the original fork are much better in my opinion but maybe there are some good reasons beyond the look for this change?

If it was mine there would be no silver parts.
Any black seatpost will do. The coolest i can imagine would be a Syncros carbon seat post.

I like the look of a Syncros seatpost in silver but its pretty tough to find. I think I am going to go back to rigid...any other thoughts?!

It was picture day today and I got most of it done. Just going to get the bottom bracket put on today (I don't have the tools for this particular bb). When she comes home later this afternoon "Crush" will have a new XTR crankset!

Enjoy!

P1050045.jpg

P1050047.jpg

P1050046.jpg

rigid orange tange big fork and… A-TAC stem.
No XTR groupo on it. Not the good year and spirit…
;)

Trek 8700 Pro - XC Pro

attached is some photos of the XC Pro which came standard with the 8700 Pro when it was released here in Europe. The complete set of the photos are on Retro Bike. If anyone is building a retro-bike, I hope this info helps.

Attachments

• trek 8700_072.jpg
    trek 8700_072.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 1,630
Re: Trek 8700 Pro - XC Pro

marathonman":15xgkjok said:
attached is some photos of the XC Pro which came standard with the 8700 Pro when it was released here in Europe. The complete set of the photos are on Retro Bike. If anyone is building a retro-bike, I hope this info helps.

Back