another good freind of mine killed on a motorbike

You have my sympathy :(

As for giving up bikes, in the time I've known you you've talked bikes and ridden off road but I've never heard of you riding on road. Why give up on bikes if you dont really ride them :?

As for the crash, without witnesses we may never know the cause. Subaru driver may have been at fault but equally your mate could've been. Ride carefully and you can ride a long time without incident.

More pedestrians die on the roads than bikers, are you off walking as well ?

Again my sympathies but lets keep things in perspective.

Velo

cheers velo , i sold my 600 hornet just before my now 5 yr old was born as the wife wanted me to get rid of it . i lost a good mate last year on his bike , then with my auld dears accident and now this .

i've just talked the wife into me getting another one this year but i'm put right off now :(

Do the advanced motorist exam for bikes, make yourself feel better trained in defensive riding, its good for insurance to I believe ;)

It's a hell of a road if you want some fun in a car or on a bike but there are several bits where you have to take the middle of the road around blind turns in a car. Chances are both the car and the bike were doing what a lot of people do on a Sunday on that road and giving it some.

Shame for a young man to lose his life doing something he enjoyed.

Sorry to hear that mate,

I know that road well and have given it the beanz along there when I had my CBR & ZX7R, great little stretch of road, as Tazio says, its easy to get caught out in the middle.

Lost a couple of mates to bike accidents, it does make you put things in perspective,

We all know the risks, but the throttle works both ways ;)

Dont let it put you off, the bikes are exhilerating , I wont be buying another though :cool:

G

Hey Eck, really sorry to hear about your mate.

Whenever I hear about a motorcyclist crash I watch out for the name to make sure it is no one I know.

As a father sadly I would be reluctant to see my kids on a motorbike and it is why I wouldn't ride one myself. I understand why you are thinking the way you are. It's a difficult choice that only you can make.

Latest posts

Back