My K L E I N and other projects

Defiant

Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Feedback
View
Picked up the Klein (dutch word for small) Attitude today.

I was surprised by the quality of the frame, it is almost in an immaculate state, as good as no chain suck,..no dents or scratches,..is has been ridden like 20 times, last time 9 years ago, since then the attic was its location.

Not a bad find for 225 euro's,. ;) complete with the cranks, seatpost and saddle and cateye speedo
I put the wheels in for the picture but think i might use then, or the spare spengle's,..but this looks okay to me,..light set of wheel with Rond hubs (radial front, pulstar style rear)
The ringle's will be replaced with silver once,..

KL1.jpg

KL2.jpg

kl3.jpg

kl4.jpg

kl5.jpg

kl6.jpg

kl7.jpg

kl8.jpg

kl10.jpg

kl9.jpg

kl12.jpg

now find some time to take it apart,..clean and polish,..and then put it back together.

I remember drooling over these years ago but terrified of the price! Any experts remember the UK list price for this model?

Bargain :shock: BITD must have been about £1100 for the frame?

Elev12k":fxkmaz6o said:
Money well spent :cool:

Some work to do, Defiant. Nice project.

Thanks.
I think I am go to borrow some goodies from the other bikes,..I want to know how it rides, can't wait

:twisted:

Now that there is one nice bike ;-) Really like it, and it even looks as if it's my size too hehe...

Hope you build it up in a nice retro-way and then have some fun with it... I can't wait to get mine into the woods (have to finish the front wheel still, though).

Void

Re: Small project, Klein Attitude, Team Colours

Defiant":2sy522er said:
Picked up the Klein (dutch word for small) Attitude today.

Allways wondered why searching markplatts brought up so many different brands of bikes with klein in the title :roll:

Nice bike-nice price ;)

Nice Klein you've got there! And for that price... :D

Allways looks the best the Attitudes with the original stargabel!

Thank you , Thank you :oops:

you almost have to see it for yourself to believe it but I just cleaned the frame a bit and I am really astouned,..it looks like new! :shock:

KLEINATTITUDE3.jpg

KLEINATTITUDE4.jpg

KLEINATTITUDE5.jpg

KLEINATTITUDE2.jpg

KLEINATTITUDE1.jpg

I do not know what to use for the build,..any suggestions?
I have some spare parts
brakes; Onza HO brakes (proto types, i knew the neighbour of the designer for Onza,.) in combination with the Onza chill pills or XT V-brakes ?
Cranks; Stronglite (also prototype) or Cook Bros? (or the LX which is installed right now)
Shifters; Grip Shift or XT thumb shifters?
Rear Puller; Paul comp. or XTR ?

Back