will a ti charge duster be a lot better than the steel bike?

The design of the frame geometry and selection of tube thicknesses and shapes are the most important. You can make harsh or compliant bikes out of any. Likewise you can build an evil-handling monster by fouling up the geometry.

Beyond that, Ti is nice for a durable material, but 953 steel is also corrosion-resistant and doesn't need painting.

Personally I'd choose what rides nicest. I own bikes in Ti, steel and Alu and they each have their strengths and weaknesses.

thanks for all the advice everyone.have ordered the duster mid steel bike (and am going to swap with my anthem x2.i know it sounds crazy ;) to be honest i don't have the sort of money to buy a titanium/custom steel right away (was going to p'x the frame then pay over time for the ti frame.this way i just swap my bike for it. i have really been looking towards getting back to a steel ht (from my old marin days 1992 eldridge grade :D they have got great reviews (as the steel bikes are made of the same tange prestige that my marin was/also looks retro/modern which charge seems to do well. i plan to upgrade as funds allow,hopefully to go ti eventually.phew :shock: (sorry for the long winded explanation ;) p.s when i get it ,will post some pics on the after 1998 section for anyone who is interested.

Back