MacRetro Rider
GT Fan
Feedback
View
might be buying a pace 303 frame
just wondered what your thoughts on them were

Never heard a bad word said about them.

It was a fav in WMBUK.

Was thinking about one myself a while back until I realised they don't come in my size. :roll: :LOL:

Attachments

• pace%20rc303xcam[1].jpg
    pace%20rc303xcam[1].jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,157
I am sure there are several reports of them over on STW of them cracking around the top of the ST.

May be wrong though.

Mark, sorry for being thick but whats STW??

Only ever heard about one with a cracked head/downtube but he was running a 160mm fork though. :roll:

Just need to be sensible with choice of seatpost. Love mine, even though it is awaiting a rebuild at the moment...

Mine's for sale at the moment, including Thomson seatpost and WCS headset.

Shout up if interested.

Would be able to have posted from UK address in the next couple of weeks.

Only reason for sale is that I'm upgrading to an RC405 Full floater (Why? Because I can), which makes the 303 pretty redundant. And I can't bring myself to sell the FSR, RC200, Dave Yates Parkpre or the Look MI-80 that's on it's way in July. And one bike HAS to go now.

Things to be aware of
1) Standard seatpost QR is a bit bobbins
2) Fiddle fitting of disc brake hose under seat tube/top tube reinforcement.
3) Fork length.
4) Minimum seatpost insert CAN be an issue if you want to drop your seatpost for descending. It is for me, with a 400mm Thomson which I couldn't bring myself to chop the crucial 4cm off.
5) You have to use Hope brakes, hubs and Pace fork. (OK you don't but .... 8D)

Frame itself is comfortable, lively and chuckable. Easily the most comfortable hardtail I've ever owned, and that's including steel and ti frames.

I bought one when they first came out. To be honest I didn't really like it at all (sorry Adrian :oops: ). That said, in all fairness I have never liked an alloy frame of any kind. Steel is real and all that.

Stevo

Back