• sq_root_of_2's 1986-7 Ritchey Timber Comp

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scarfacexxx08's Kona Kilauea

• mikeekim89's 1993 Fat Chance Yo Eddy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:? Hard this month because the bikes that would usually pull me in all had something that put me off.

Paul's Pace gets my vote 'cos it's cool and has history. :cool:

BOTM is a difficult time for us all, we all have our favourites for our own reasons.

I am torn at present between the Tequesta, Haro and Jamis.

I love the paint on GT's, they clearly had been smoking a little to much reefer in the paint shop when they came up with these, this is another reason why is till covet after a Karakoram Galactic Fade.

The Haro is blinding in its frame design. Having mostly e-stays i love the unusual and the eye catching, i took one of mine to Mayhem and got stopped by loads of people asking about it.

The Jamis takes me back to a day when i was in my mid teens and racing alot, i loved the simplicity of these bikes and the look, i also recall chasing one up a hill at Blandford Forum in 1988 or 89, and looking at the back wheel all the way. Ggrrr!

Not that my vote is crucial, but i shall sleep on it and ask my children (who are 2 and 4) which one is best.

All the others hold there merits, but these 3 realy stand out in the Maverick household.

maverick":zz36bcrf said:
BOTM is a difficult time for us all, we all have our favourites for our own reasons.

I am torn at present between the Tequesta, Haro and Jamis.

I love the paint on GT's, they clearly had been smoking a little to much reefer in the paint shop when they came up with these, this is another reason why is till covet after a Karakoram Galactic Fade.

The Haro is blinding in its frame design. Having mostly e-stays i love the unusual and the eye catching, i too one of mine to Mayhem and got stopped by loads of people asking about it.

The Jamis takes me back to a day when i was in my mid teens and racing alot, i loved the simplicity of these bikes and the look, i also recall chasing one up a hill at Blandford Forum in 1988 or 89, and looking at the back wheel all the way. Ggrrr!

Not that my vote is crucial, but i shall sleep on it and ask my children (who are 2 and 4) which one is best.

All the others hold there merits, but these 3 realy stand out in the Maverick household.

Vote Jamis!! :D (I wish I could say that was my back wheel :LOL: )

In the end I voted for the Jamis, it was that, Bart's Fisher, the Haro, the Ritchey or the GB - difficult choice to make though :?

Thanks to Wired99 and Andrewl for voting 'Nigel' :cool:

nevadasmith":356x7c44 said:
In the end I voted for the Jamis, it was that, Bart's Fisher, the Haro, the Ritchey or the GB - difficult choice to make though :?

Thanks to Wired99 and Andrewl for voting 'Nigel' :cool:

Hurrah, a Jamis gets a vote in BOTM!! :D
Good work Jeroen!

I would have voted for it myself, but it failed my tried and tested 'all lent against a wall, which one would you take for a spin' test as I know exactly how it will ride after spending most of my youth riding something very similar.
Cracking bike and a very under-rated brand
Barts Fisher was a similar story, as an identical Montare XT was my first full resto after finding this site.

Another hard month with such variety :)

It was between Rob's Tequesta, Barneys Kula & Nevada smiths Nigel Dean but in the end Rob Aitkins GT Tequesta takes my vote as it looks just perfect.

The only thing it needs now is a layer of mud :LOL:

makster":2yhifbn3 said:
Hurrah, a Jamis gets a vote in BOTM!! :D
Good work Jeroen!
You should have seen my Dragon a few months ago, that one even got two votes ;)
Thanks for the vote Nevadasmith, strange to see my bike with a Fisher and a Ritchey in one sentence though...

The Yeti is truly "Super-League".

And the Fisher, Paces, Lobo, Ritchey and that beautiful Berthoud are all great, for different reasons.

My final choice will probably be something fillet brazed ;)

Back