IF Deluxe SS

suburbanreuben":34zkj2co said:
Jakob":34zkj2co said:
Ohh you bought that as well.....I did see it on STW and was a bit tempted myself, I'm just not very happy about dogfood ;)

Did you get the fork too?
Yup, I got the fork too. It's a pretty lairy yellow, but appears to be working well, and can have the travel increased up to 130mm from 100, so I might try that. ;) THe yellow does clash pretty badly with the mango hubs, and if I use the red Ritchey pedals... :shock:

you don't wanna build a clown bike do you ? :LOL:

The yellow doesn't even compliment the British Racing Green of the frame. Now, if it was Lotus Safety Yellow it would be OK...
I'm waiting for a headset to arrive so plugged the forks into the Soulcraft; Aside from the usual Magura seal weepage (New Fox seals will cure that), they work perfectly! :D No knocking, wheezing or slurping, so they'll get a Cosmos Black rattle can job and stay where they are, maybe with travel reduced to 80mm for super twisty woods boiking. :twisted:
Apparently, the Deluxe is adjusted for 100-120mmtravel,, so it'll be getting the 110mm Ronins, in tasteful grey. :cool:

I'm going to call her Pippa...

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 1,162
  • 012-1.JPG
    012-1.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 1,162
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 1,162
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 1,162
Thanks!
She needs her own clothes instead of hand-me-downs, and for some reason feels a bit short, despite having the same tt as her predecessor, the monolith, but she feels well planted!
A longer ride planned for the morning.
13" high BB anyone? :shock:

That's just lovely, you have a good nose for spotting nice SS frames.

Grey is well grey.... Magura did those forks in yellow as well IIRC. As for feeling short, I'm happy on my IF with the longest TT on any of my 26" bikes.

Enjoy!!

THe frame actually came with some lemon yellow Menjas. I thought they might be a bit much, but now I'm not so sure. It's very tempting to set them to 130mm and go romping down the rocks. Jesse at IF has confirmed the frame will be fine with this- optimum travel is 120mm- but I'm not sure the wheels would last very long... They're very, very light.
THe frame, though, is quite heavy at 2.2 kg excluding EBB. :shock: It should be able to take some abuse. :twisted: Looks can be very deceptive.
It's funny, though; when I finished building her up, I went for a quick 20minutes blast wearing steel toecapped work boots. It didn't feel strange...

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 697
Better, I think! :cool:

First serious ride today. :cool:

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 666
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG