1987 Brodie Romax

Rally_cat

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I recently bought this bike from the original owner, it pained me to see it in such pitiful condition so I gave it a real thorough once over. It took a lot of elbow grease, actual grease, cables, tires, chain, seat and post. I've rebuilt the bottom bracket, pedals and derailleurs. Pictures pretty much tell the story thus far, not much to do but get it dirty. Enjoy!

More high resolution pics here: http://imageshack.us/g/853/brodieromax105.jpg/

Frame/fork: 18" 1987 Brodie Romax, Serial Number: 135
Wheels: Shimano HB 6207/FH 6208 laced to Saturae X22 36h rims
Drivetrain: Shimano 18 speed with Deer head derailleurs and SC M-700 thumb shifters
Brakes: Shimano BR MC70 front/ Suntour XC Power rear with BL M-700 Levers - XT cables
Seat Post: Thomson Elite 26.8mm
Saddle: Concor Light

BrodieRomax103-1.jpg

BrodieRomax087-1.jpg

BrodieRomax105-1.jpg

Good job well done. That's a great bike to own. Remarkable how advanced the bike looks, compared to other 1987 designs with their flat top tubes and short head tubes.

incredibly cool! love this bike - you are one lucky guy -
pristine build - doesnt get better than this

i have an old brodie rodie - think i need to get that back in shape

Thanks for the kind comments. Pluzall, good to see you here, you sold me the green Fire Mountain on ebay last year.

I'll post more pics when I get some decals, for now I'll put these pics up, the bike also came with this little sock to keep the brakes warm in the winter. After much cleaning it came out quite nice. It's made by Overland Equipment.

BrodieRomax143.jpg

BrodieRomax142.jpg

Back