Rockhopper 97-98 steel frame seatpost diameter?

I've got a cheapy 30.4 post - tenner posted.............
It's OE from a 98 steel Stumpjumper

RicheyBlackburn001.jpg

RobMac":24f2hse6 said:
superstu":24f2hse6 said:
97chromoly Rockhopper was 30.2, but 98 was 30.4. So it depends which you have :D

Mmmmmm I wouldnt put money on that :?

I am of course talking rubbish, got the frame out in the shed and its 30.4.

Sorry for adding confusion :oops: :oops:

Nah its cool the more feedback the better I wasnt 100% sure ;)
If only the manufactures would standardise seat posts.

Re: Indys

slimjoe":31ys4h8y said:
Yep, forks are mainly white with blue panels i think. Frameset was a mess when i got it, but had it powder coated and buiding it up for my young cousin. ;)

I'm just building one up...well very very slowly. Got the frame but its a mess also, so about to attack it with the nitromors when I get some time ahead of a powder coating.

What colour did you get it resprayed if you don't mind me asking? The original blue was ok but not the most iconic of colours. I liked the bright red 90's models. Not sure what to do when I powder coat it though.

Re: Indys

superstu":2vmuq8ga said:
slimjoe":2vmuq8ga said:
Yep, forks are mainly white with blue panels i think. Frameset was a mess when i got it, but had it powder coated and buiding it up for my young cousin. ;)

I'm just building one up...well very very slowly. Got the frame but its a mess also, so about to attack it with the nitromors when I get some time ahead of a powder coating.

What colour did you get it resprayed if you don't mind me asking? The original blue was ok but not the most iconic of colours. I liked the bright red 90's models. Not sure what to do when I powder coat it though.

Powdered metalic silver and ive ordered some black decals..Plain but it will be a worker ride ;) Red would look good on a Rockhopper mate :cool:

Back