Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
GT Fan
Feedback
View
me and shed's gonna DO blairadam on sunday 9:30/10:00 at the carpark
if your so inclined

after the recent rain it should be perfect conditions up there :LOL:

I'm too knackered for Arran but if I've recovered a wee bit and I'm climbing the walls at home I might join you ;)

p.s. Mikee I'm goiung to have a rake through the bikestations bins for a suntour front mech on Saturday for you.

mike, you thinking singlespeed or geared for sunday ?

actually when i think about it im still getting bother wi my knee so prob will take zaskar to sit and spin rather than pushing the knee.

should be braw an muddy

velomaniac":1xl3zpdw said:
I'm too knackered for Arran but if I've recovered a wee bit and I'm climbing the walls at home I might join you ;)

p.s. Mikee I'm goiung to have a rake through the bikestations bins for a suntour front mech on Saturday for you.

i'll get the spec for you when i get home mate
deffo bottom pull ,28.6 is the bit i'm no sure of

well that was muddy good fun
dad shed and me turned out , and headed up to the lama farm then into the wet trails , well the trails wern't especially wet but the trees were
on we went down into the drier bits , but the rooty muddy bits were slippy
so i decided to entertain the chaps with a wee acrobatics demonstration
hup and over and into the mud , rob demonstrated the lifelong skills
that make him the off-road rocket ,expertly picking a line thru some
more mud with dexterity and balance that 40 yers of mountian biking
brings ,then rode into a tree
, with that done we slid and bounced and slid our way to the fire road
after a wee detour and some more fire road we reached the radio mast
then onto the real fun bits
as ZZ once said blairmudam is the bawzz
he's not wrong
some fallen trees ment a bit of a detour before more muddy rooty fun and back to the cars
it was at this point that rod asked if we ever reach that point where it just gells ,yeah every ride rob , it seems rob had reached a zen like state
on the trails today , well he was riding like it
even shed had a good uneventful day ,no crashes the only thing of note
was his seat post clamp ,christ theres doors on submarines that aint that
tightly fastened
top day top company

no pics as usual

When I woke up this morning it was just like any other morning in the Pat Cave, the sound of braking Buckfast bottle as revelers headed home after their all nighters. So I saddled up the Pat Mobile and headed up the by-pass for Kelty at subsonic speed only to be harrased by White Van Man so I hit the retro rockets and he disapeared into a dot in my rear view mirror. This of course made me arrive to early, so I got kitted up and had a wee warm up only to meet Shed and then Mikee coming down the road. While Shed got his bike together Mikee was going through his usual pre-ride ritual a cheese burger and a coffee, no wonder hes the fine example of athletic prowess. Off the three of us went Mikee leading on the only Retro bike of the day (a GT bouncey shitey thing) Shed on a modern Zaskar and me on the Stumpy.

Although it was looking like it was gonna rain it never did, it was clammy and little or no wind (great midge weather) and yes they were there in large numbers so we had to keep on the move. Condition were pretty wet and slippery under foot (wheel) but the reward of seing Mikee doing a triple salco was worth it, his Scottish Ballet training came into play instantly (sorry Mike wasnt I supposed to mention that?) anyway apart from seing his G-strip appear over the top of his trackie bottoms it was a increadable site to witness. As Mike mention my attempted tree felling antics and my speedy dismount technecs (all planned BTW) Shed on the other hand escaped relatively unscathed, I think he was probably hindered by the length of scaffold pole he was carrying to open'n'close his quick release for his seat post. The trails were brilliant and so was the company a real mixture and pretty well all natural. There were no mechanicals or serious misshaps, ooow I must mention Mikee's Hans Rey or was it Arnold Schwarzenegger impression FaF :LOL: I hadnt been around Blairadam in years its a real wee gem I recommend it highly BTW ;)

Back