summer solstice ride cancelled due to wetness

"Top day out. Honestly, the variety of trails up there is staggering... Proper steep hilly descents, lovely singletrack and techy woods - Scotland's best kept mountain biking secret, I swear."

And thats the truth ;)

Oooh, Maspie Den, have always meant to do a ride up there. Have started off at the Pillars of Hercules before and headed up into forest but not gone up to Maspie Den by bike, walked there a few times though. There's always the cafe at the Pillars of Hercules for afters too.

sorry i couldna make it Mike - we were camping/wlaking in Glencoe in same said rain. Only got your message at 3pm yesterday due to crap signal in glencoe.

looked a good run though - lomonds/maspie/falkland one of my favourites.

my only pic from the day
P1030327.jpg

My bike in that picture was referred to as a Velobike(Mikee's suggestion for my kind of bike) ie slack angled very old school although that one isnt really. However I now have a proper Velobike which at some point will be seen once its built. A 1984/85 Centurion Starlight which is basically a Diamondback Apex with different badges. Very slack angles, skinny tubes and a U-brake. Hopefully get it together sometime soon :cool:

Back