WTD. Complete set of disc brakes under £100.

keitht

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Looking for something in good condition, fully working..with rotors.

For the best price under £100. Any brand considered.

Plus I need a decent 9spd shifter as I sold my decent XT one to Alex for £6...and now I have decided I needed it...doh!

m760 I think...

£2 for a beat up but working deore 9 speed shifter (still has window with indicator working) m510 or something

any good ?

Triplebuttedcycling normally have Kooka cable-operated new for under £50 a full set listed on ebay... but he's not got pairs listed at the mo.. allegedly better than the Avid cable-operated too..

Might be worth a message if you're interested..
http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/triplebuttedc ... 4340.l2559

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
kermitgreenkona88":29mn0x45 said:
Triplebutted also have a full set of Tektro Auriga comp for £89.99 ;)

Thanks for the heads up gents.

Got an ebay voucher due at the start of July so may look at those.

Please don't let that stop anyone offering any sets up before hand though...

K

Got some shimano brakes only been used twice centerlock discs but can get some 6 bolt for ya instead.....£60 plus post ;)

TBH, you really can't do much better than Avid BB7s for that price. CRC have them for less than £50 an end. You'll need levers and cables , but they really are very, very good, and a lot less hassle than 2nd hand , 5 year old hydraulic brakes.
I have a modern set of BB7s and an '05 BB5 with 165mm rotor. Even that is easily capable of chucking you over the bars, even in muddy conditions.

Latest posts

Back