RIH Model Campagnolo

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Well, what's the story with this one? :) Picked up already a couple years ago, but due to logistic reasons it was stored elsewhere. A while ago it made its appearance when preparing it for ride, what finally gave me the oppertunity to take a more thorough look at it.

5818791394_3e24eeb542_b.jpg

What you see is a RIH 'Model Campagnolo'. Back than you had the Presto 'Model Campagnolo', the Zieleman 'Model Campagnolo' and so forth. They even used the same script. A lack of fantasy? At least it was informative: what they shared was that they were all specced with ...Campagnolo.

This RIH is specced with a blend of 1st generation Super Record with Nuovo Record. Super Record are rear mech, seatpost, brake levers and headset. The remaining parts are Nuovo Record or simply 'Record', as they were used by both groupsets. Cinelli supplied the cockpit: 1A stem and Campione del Mondo old logo bars. With the seat the original owner settled for no less than a Brooks Professional. Both seat and post I forgot to include in the pic as you probably will have noticed :oops:

The frame is built by Willem and der Kaaij in the Jordaan quarter in A'dam. Visit his shop when you are in Amsterdam and are able to. It is still there :) ...and he can still build you a fine frame. My frame uses full 531 butted tubing and Campagnolo 1010 ends and dropouts. I am working on the identification of other frameparts. Bracket shell reads 'Davis components'. There is quite some chrome and personally I am a fan of the paintscheme.

Mel, do you have a favourite ride out of your fantabulistic collection ?

If God invited you out for a bit of a ride...which one are you going to zip around heaven on?

toomski":31xud8b4 said:
Mel, do you have a favourite ride out of your fantabulistic collection ?

If God invited you out for a bit of a ride...which one are you going to zip around heaven on?

Hmm... interesting question, but I have no idea. Don't know whether there is bike riding in heaven in the 1st place. If so, are there criteriums, downhills or only commuting - I don't know. Special mention for my Koga-Miyata FullPro-L however. It deserves it because it evoked my interest for roadbikes years ago >>

234321236_5d002c401f_b.jpg

It is the bike you see a glimpse of in the background. Photographed right after collection. And again a post/seat-less bike in the pic :roll:

Back