Rosedale Rain Dance The Aftermath & Pics

kaya

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
The Sun Always Shines on the Righteous (sometimes)

8:30 The phone is ringing and its raining, bad news two more riders can't make it.

9:00 Its time to load the car and its still raining, I start to think about the forecast (biblical rain) then think about going back to bed.

9:40 Time to head off to the lion inn at Blakey ridge, the drive over there is always a pleasant one and made even better buy the wiper's only being on intermittent.

Picture133.jpg

In the car park and the other two are soon with me (Aide, Marc) the usual fafing and ogling of bikes is soon over.

With the constant threat of rain we all dress for wet weather and are soon on the trail.

Across the road and on to some downhill single track for the warm up.

Picture144.jpg

All to soon were at the old railway track and its gently undulating surface to chimney bank.

The views in this area are stunning even on a cloudy day like today and its not raining yet.

Picture146.jpg

Picture149.jpg

Picture150.jpg

Arriving at the top of chimney bank and meet curly, larry and mow then watch them watching us watching them.

Picture153.jpg

Decide to leave the three stooges and head for Ana cross, this is the high point before we start to descend.

Picture159.jpg

Chatting briefly about the next section of trail and deciding to regroup at the top of the steep bit.

The heather shoeshine is all to quickly over and were at the top of the descent to Hollins farm.

Picture163.jpg

Picture162.jpg

Picture174.jpg

Sliding and bouncing are way down the hill side we regroup with tails of near misses and the smell of hot brakes "I hope"

Picture183.jpg

Picture186.jpg

Picture185.jpg

Next its the famous Hollins farm to Lastingham singletrack, it twists and turns with the occasional rock in the trail to keep you on your toes.

Picture189.jpg

As we ride in to Lastingham village we spot somethings not right, the locals seem more active than normal.

Picture194.jpg

Picture195.jpg

Picture199.jpg

Not wanting to end up in a wicker man we quickly pass through the village and back on to the moors again.

crossing the moor we head back in the direction of Hollins farm, but have a decent and a climb with a water splash before we rejoin the trail back to the farm.

Picture206.jpg

At Hollins farm and we follow the double track to where it meets the road.
A fast road downhill in to the village and lunch, the only pub open has a cowboy & inbred festival in full flow,
So we opt for the tea rooms and a seat out side ( did I tell you it still hadn't rain yet)

Picture207.jpg

Picture212.jpg

We chat over lunch putting the world to rights, but then the subject of rain is brought up........ we,d been lucky and we new it, "fingers crossed"

Picture220.jpg

Picture222.jpg

The next few miles are on tarmac, with stunning views but on tarmac none the less.

As we arrived a Bellend and the heavens opened, sheltering under the trees and giggle at the sign like skool boys.

Picture223.jpg

Picture228.jpg

The rain soon passed we were on are way again, the tarmac ends as we ride up the farm track that leads to the old railway track.

Picture229.jpg

Now at the wrong side of the valley we had a few miles of stunning views, easy riding with a few interesting bits to catch the unaware out.

Picture235.jpg

Picture236.jpg

Picture232.jpg

Picture242.jpg

We make it to the last climb back up to the road and the Lion inn car park, looking down the valley theres rain on the way so its back to the cars asap.

Picture247-1.jpg

Picture248-1.jpg

Picture250-1.jpg

4:30 Driving home and the wipers are on constant with the rain getting worse, hard to believe how we didn't get wet :cool:

Heres a link to the rest of the Pics

Thanks to Aide, Marc and the weather gods for making it a day full of sweet dry singletrack and great memory's.

cheers kaya

rosedale

many thanks kaya! some formidable single and double. Plus a water-splash or two. Feel free to have a giggle about the last one* nice to see you ade, we remained dry despite our bad mouthing to the weather gods. Pics n banter as soon as i get the old acer up n running. *Significant face plant of mine.

Good to see you guys yesterday. I'm glad somebody else made the effort, looks like the weather scared a few people off!

Some quality trails as well - it's a good job the last bit was flat, my legs were like lead weights by then.

We were actually pretty lucky with the weather - Teesside got about 2 inches of rain on the afternoon :D .

oOo the write up, looks a cracking day and how lucky with the rain.

My failure to persuade the wife to drive me there was compounded by being ill with a stonking cold all weekend.

Nice write up Vern and fantastic pics, glad the weather was kind to you.

Me and Ben really have got to make it up to Rosedale for a ride soon, see if you can make the next one on a Sunday ;)

FC
oOo the write up, looks a cracking day and how lucky with the rain.

My failure to persuade the wife to drive me there was compounded by being ill with a stonking cold all weekend.

It was hard to get myself out of the house and drive there but the weather was kind this time.

Chris

glad the weather was kind to you.

Me and Ben really have got to make it up to Rosedale for a ride soon, see if you can make the next one on a Sunday

I'll give you a shout next time were riding there, Its only a short hop for me, so we're there a few times a year.

cheers kaya

I recognise a few of those places from rides gone by.
Looks like a great day's riding and the photomontage storytelling is always well worth the read.

Good work chaps!

Back