1999 Klein Attitude

eyerideit

Devout Dirtbag
Hello everyone,

I've got a question about Klein Attitude frames. I know a 1999 attitude may be a 'real' Klein but in your experience were the cables internally routed?

I've seen one that has triple cable guides on the top of the top tube. I've seen the odd Pulse frame on the bay that has this routing system but I find it weird.

The paint, welds, bulging head tube and graphics suggest it's legit, but it's the cable routing that makes me doubt it.

So my question is this, is it a real frame and would you buy one with a ding in the top tube like this?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 690
I've an alu frame with a similar ding and it's fine, though it's not a Klein... maybe get some more close ups posted for the experts to peruse?

Thanks Mr Rats,

I'll ask for some close ups.

The chain stays have a K embossed on them as well, I'll ask for a pic of that.

its a klien (a trk one) but i'd be more worried about a crack on the drop out than a dent in the head tube. they only made this style for a year or two and they all broke at the drive side drop out.

that looks quite a bad one, if it was on a mountain bike with thicker tubes i'd consider it but...i'd stear clear of this one.

edit: looking at it again, it might just be a trick of the light that makes it look worse to me...i'd still avoid it unless it was seriously cheap.

Back