old falcon 70's? 531 framed racer, any good?

Yeah I thought about it but they've already had my rent. It wouldn't have been so bad if they'd installed the double glazing and replaced the boiler 12 months ago when they promised rather than doing them now for the next lot of tenants, absolute cow boy operation they've been.

Being able to get a job would have helped too but apparently I'm unemployable judging by how many cv's I've handed out and never received a whisper back from.

that makes two of us, i'm on the dole too with the economy as it is at the moment we are up the proverbial creek.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/flats-houses/l ... e/82781284

that looked like a good deal...

The house is in good nick, and has central heating and double glazing, and I’m planning to give it a once over over the summer (wooden floors, lick of paint, somewhere to store bikes , etc), so it will be even better than now!

I'm paying £57 pppw at the moment, but the landlord next year is after £75 which it certainly isn't worth. That link wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't with a child included, I'll be keeping an eye out every where and for anything though.

Urgh, at least you can get dole, I'm on a 5 year course studying landscape architecture which not only makes me doubly unemployable it also means I'm not eligible for any help from "the man" at all.

ah but the kicker is i'm not actually eligible for the dole, only national insurance credits...so basically if i manage to live to 90 i might get a pension, but in the mean time because i live at home with my parents I get nothing.

If i moved out and then asked for benefit i wouldn't get it because i would have made myself homeless voluntarily...so basically unless i cheat i get nothing.

I've already done my 4 year stint of bullshit studies at university which left me massively unemployable and in a huge debt that is never going to get paid back, but at least i got 4 years of student loans...which is slightly more than the dole (or it was when i worked it out before going to uni)

Say you're being kicked out?

I dunno, it seems like there's help for everyone but those that have tried to do better for themselves.

Don't suppose you could shoot me PM with a photy of the frame could you?

yeah its going to be a whole bike rather than a frame it has compagnolo hubs on mavic rims., cinelli stem etc

i'll take a few pics and throw them your way.

5867064340_1e98f22bea.jpg

Looks a nice later model, good kit on it too! Shoot me up if you're thinking of parting with it.

Everything is for sale in this world if the price is right! :LOL: I've seen the same rims on the same hubs go for 77+postage on evil-bay, the headset stem is about 20, the handlebars are another 10, the gruppo is about 40 then its a case of the frame which being 531 handbrazed...thats got to be at least 60 so put it all together

200ish quid, which i can imagine is a bit steep for you at the moment especially for a frame which isn't the size you were really after?

Feel free to tell me if i am way off on price, but i don't think i am.

Yeah, it's a bit much for a frame that's smaller than I'd prefer but the over all price is pretty fair I'd say, the headset combo isn't original, I actually bidded on this very model but in my size and it went for £160 so yeah, £200 wouldn't be overtly wrong, I'll keep looking though, never know what might come up. The falcons been sold now so at least it's going to get ridden and not end up in the tip like was intended.

Back