Pinarello c.1989

Just fished this thread up whilst searching for '89 Pinarello catalogues on google. Does anyone know how to tell a '89 Treviso frame apart from an '89 Asolo? I can't find any different features apart from the decals, but mine has no decals, just the signatures etc.

I've narrowed the frame down to these 2 models but I now want to get it restored so I need to find out the original colour scheme and correct decals to buy.

My frame has a bridge on the chainstays near the bb with cutouts. It has the correct fork crown for this period. External cable routing. BB shell has PINARELLO - TREVISO ITALY on it with a small cut-out. Chrome is in the correct places. I'm 99% sure it's an '89 Treviso or Asolo but not sure which one.

Could seatpost diameter tell me? Surely Columbus SL & Cro-Mo would take different seatpost diameters right?

EDIT: I just checked sheldon's database and it says SL would be 27.2 and Cro-mo 27.0 - this should give me the answer shouldn't it?

1989 was a guess based on it having photos of Delgado and Fondriest, it must have been printed after the 1988 worlds. It's possible that it's 1990.

The main difference between this one and the Bulgier one is chromed forks vs painted fork (probably paint over chrome).

Just from looking at the catalogues, the only difference between the Treviso and Asolo frames seem to be the tubing.

Back