The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of passing this Eldridge Grade on to a new owner.
Looking for a nice fair estimate and have no idea at all about marins.

1.jpg

Hi, First day on RetroBIKE and I'm really hoping you can help. I've had, since new, a KLEIN Mantra Comp in Blastberry with SPIN Three spoke wheels that's sitting in my garage doing nothing. It seems like a real waste so I've decided that it should go to somebody who will appreciate it but have no idea what it's worth.

It's pretty original but over and above the standard, has been fitted with -

SPIN three-spoke wheels (but I still have the originals)
Nobbly tyres (but I still have ther originals)
New handlebars and bar ends
New saddle (but I still have the original)
XT rear cassette

It's probably done no more than 200 miles in total in its life and although there are a small number of small scratches, it's almost as new but it's probably 13-14 years old!

I think I've still got the original purchase bill and with the SPIN wheels, it cost circa £2500 to build back then but any idea what it's worth to sell today?

Any help really gratefully received. Many thanks.

Hi All
Im new on here, ive been given this forum from people on radbmx which ive been a member on for years, same username on there as here.
Iv'e got my GT RTS had it since new years and years ago,i think i must have had it around 20 years i guess? iv'e not used it for years its just hung in the garage, when i last used it i found a crack on the frame, just my luck it was just out of warranty, gutted, i spoke to someone i know who has a shop and was a mechanic for a well know rider sponsered by GT, luckily for me he could help and got me a brand new frame and rebuilt it back up this was years and years ago, result, since i have had the new frame i must have only used it 2 - 3 times, obviously all the other parts are used.
I am having a clear out and some things have to go, i have a few bmx's (80,s looptail quadangle, 80's looptail PK Ripper,80,s supergoose) and have no room for this anymore im sad to say.
Anyone be interested in it and what sort of money is it going to be worth? its the small size frame and it is all original and as it left the factory,not even changed the tyres or grips, apart from the new frame, the frame before was RTS2 it was the dark grey colour with the orange stickers,not sure which frame model it is now, im guessing just the RTS
Also anyone tell me how to date it, i just cant remember when i got it,it was a while ago now ;)

march12th066.jpg

march12th064.jpg

Photo3225.jpg

ishaw":35z4yv7p said:
gtRTSdh":35z4yv7p said:
sutts":35z4yv7p said:
NOS GT RTS frame - never built up and imported from the US by a friend of mine who is tragically no longer with us and didn't have the opportunity to build it into what I suspect was going to be his dream bike.

It is a US made frame and the frame number puts it at January 1994. Not certain of the actual model though (Team?). The World Champion stickers are also interesting - I haven't seen these on any other pictures I've found, but were clearly applied from new looking at them.

Value and best place to sell?? I guess it would find its true value on ebay..? This is effectively a new frame still, I even have the owners manual still sealed up :shock:

IMG_3336.jpg

That's really rare, the NR3 shock alone is worth £150+ in NOS condition, s/hand £50 then a £100 rebuild. I base that on what I've just paid!

If it were a 16" I'd offer you £300 here and now to replace my tidy RTS2, I'm struggling not to anyway to be honest, but then it's really too good to use IMHO, but then another thought is that they were built to use, damm I want it but just can't justify it!!
I am also a lucky owner of the team version of this frame. I bought it and had it shipped over from the states like your sadly departed friend a few years ago. I've built it up and ridden the London to Brighton on it, but that's it. Too nice to trash. I think I was lucky with what I paid for mine, as it didn't meet the reserve, but Tunney offered it to me anyway, and another nos frame, but without the piggy back shock sold a few hours later for more than double what I paid. This was a two years ago now, so difficult to say for sure, but I'd say at least £200 easily. I sold a pretty mint rts-1 that was black, and 16 inch (again imported from the states) for somewhere just shy of that (iirc) earlier in the year.

Hope this helps?

Oh, if you do decide to sell, being an rts fan myself, if yours is an 18 inch (only sold my black one as it was too small and I had an18 inch team in the shed), would you take £50 posted ;) Seriously though, I would be very interested if you did decide to sell!

Thanks all for the replies about this frame. I WILL be selling it soon, with the money raised going to my friend's wife. Consensus seems to be it should be worth £300+ then. I would rather it went to someone on here than putting it on ebay.

What about the NOS (boxed) full XTR M900 groupset that I also have :?:
I think he located this to probably go with this frame. Likely to be worth even more than the frame?

What about the NOS (boxed) full XTR M900 groupset that I also have

:shock:

sadly I would say ebay these and make sure international (german/usa especially) bidders are welcome. Box NOS XTR will fetch good money and depending what you have could bring in several 100's, list it here for individual prices and don't take any offers until you see them.

ie: hubs alone : http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/page/find/?name=m900&page=1 - so for you around £80

shifters in germany went for over 300 euros ...
http://cgi.ebay.de/Shimano-XTR-900-STI- ... 500wt_1156

Crankset - this has not sold but it shows what some people think, personally I think it's overpriced but he also sold the nos canti's below so who knows...
Cranks not yet sold... http://cgi.ebay.com/NOS-Shimano-XTR-M90 ... 0742324125

Canti's sold... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... aAnd8%253D

I'd be interested in some of it but you would make more money elsewhere.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Personally I think they would go for 120 - 150, not including the extra rim, might be worth selling that rim separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back