It will be the only one in the world Merlin Di2- Finished

cchris2lou":2nrhg87k said:
Di2 is working fine ,and no reason why it should not work on a mtb .
especially with a 2 * 10 set up .

have a look on the ww forum for great ideas on how to take apart the battery to fit in the seat post or other places .

My guess is the front will shift slowly and need to be over adjusted to get to the big ring on the XTR crank. Road front mechs are designed to work on 50-54 front chainwheels and I don't think that XTR ring is that big....or is it? Chain/cog spacing on the DA7900 is also different. It's not recommened to won't interchange with 7800. If it works you can do it cheaper with Ultegra now being available in Di2

Andy B":uzg4e4rb said:
Oh, what did Madison say when you popped into see them at mayhem?

it werent the maddison tech heads it was just the mecanics, and i could not be bothered to amaze them to death.

I cant wait for the Klein to be done in Di2

thanks andy

Very cool Andy - I like. :)

Does anyone know if the big S plan to make the Di2 system wireless? Was Wiggins' version which went wrong an experimental wireless version?

Presumably you would just need to put a battery in each mech and a watch battery in the shifters? Or am I ten years ahead of myself? :)

BarneyRubble":fohlggnj said:

Does anyone know if the big S plan to make the Di2 system wireless? Was Wiggins' version which went wrong an experimental wireless version?

Presumably you would just need to put a battery in each mech and a watch battery in the shifters? Or am I ten years ahead of myself? :)

wiggins went wrong so i hear but to me thats called testing and prototype. If the big S gave me a product to teat and it went wrong i would not complain. But i can assure anyone out there this is not going wrong but it is big dollar. The ultegra group di2 looks like its going to kill the road market due to the fact that it will be half the price so all can play with. seems like i have an awful lot of mtbs to build in di2

thanks andy

BarneyRubble":2u0j0bdp said:

Yes, you're years ahead, first they'll link the system to the GPS to locate the position and the gradient, live weather info via location and 4G networking, heartrate via a monitor and cadence via frame sensors.

Once this is tested it'll go wireless.

Gear selection will be automatically chosen based on gradient/weather/wind and sensors to select the best gear to propel the bicycle the fastest given leg power output.

stewlewis":144mycu4 said:
BarneyRubble":144mycu4 said:

Yes, you're years ahead, first they'll link the system to the GPS to locate the position and the gradient, live weather info via location and 4G networking, heartrate via a monitor and cadence via frame sensors.

Once this is tested it'll go wireless.

Gear selection will be automatically chosen based on gradient/weather/wind and sensors to select the best gear to propel the bicycle the fastest given leg power output.

my immediate reaction to this is, why bother? then i realise you were being silly. you were being silly weren't you?

Back