And today I did......

Mr Panda":1lqq79e9 said:
this morning I have just regained senses afetr returning from Skye with GPZ900ROC on Sunday evening :p

DSCF3556.jpg

DSCF3542.jpg

and this bunkhouse at Sligachan is well worth staying at if we go on a cycle route again :p
DSCF3549.jpg

:p :p

very cool looks like a blast Mr P :cool:

Finally fixed mk's bike, big thanks to Zigzag for pointing me at the right solution, saved me over 30 quid in new forks.
A 12 quid BBB ahead extender did the job, didn't know they could be used with threaded steerers.

IMAG0280.jpg
IMAG0281.jpg

As Gazz says, looking good TK!

Courtesy of eagle-eyed eck, I've just bought a set of QR20 bombers plus compatible wheel/hub, for a knock-down price!

Question: Can this Hope front hub be converted to QR20, and if so, how easy is it?

Clipboard01.jpg

Yes, he test rode it tonight, he's only meant to ride a-b for another week or so but he was jumping off kerbs to "check" the headset.

I'm ok too but back on the painkillers after the lomond ride, summer asthma isn't helping, even stopped cycling to/from work again :cry: :oops:

zigzag":1vaqdedb said:
As Gazz says, looking good TK!

Courtesy of eagle-eyed eck, I've just bought a set of QR20 bombers plus compatible wheel/hub, for a knock-down price!

Question: Can this Hope front hub be converted to QR20, and if so, how easy is it?

Clipboard01.jpg

i can give you an answer tomorrow night as i have a few hubs and 20mm kits in the cave ;)

Tonight I packed up the Cannondale ready for the flight to Geneva on Saturday morning, then on to Chamonix :cool:

Unfortunately I discovered a knackered ISIS bottom bracket, which ain't good news as I'm rather fond of being able to turn the cranks. Reserved a new BB at Halfords to pick up after work tomorrow, I'll fit it when I get to Chamonix and hope it doesn't go wrong!

zigzag":cryex3rv said:
Cheers Alex, I suspect not, but can't really find any info online.

it can't be done by just swapping parts over :(

ti-glide bearing on top of the old 20mm bearing >

0219c9c5.jpg

4f9c001d.jpg

:cool:

Back