Work bikes

Most days I will ride my fixed wheel converted '77 Gazelle. I found the frame as a complete bike in the trash before the garbage men had a chance to take it. The bike was a mess, the paint was in terrible shape and the components had corroded and seized. I had a spare fixed wheelset that was collecting dust so I took all the unsalvageable and un-salvage-worthy crap off the bike and installed the wheels and some other parts I had, and it became my main bike. The picture was taken just after I converted it, I installed a front brake shortly after. I haven't touched up the paint and never cleaned the bike after I built it up so I'm pretty confident leaving it locked up outside (only during the day, with 3 locks). All in all a great bike, I probably put more miles on this than any of the other bikes I currently own.

28spy8g.jpg

On da nice sunny days, I ride this...............
BIKES013.jpg

2005 GT ZUM, up specced to mainly XT, fast n light and bright red (the most important thing!)

On rainy days and shopping days, it's the Old Mingin' Marin
BIKES014.jpg

some really nice bikes here.

my work bike is currently a 2007 kona stinky
18062011348.jpg

but i'm gonna start using my newly rebuilt '94 trek mountain track 800

16072011396.jpg

it's either the Prestige or the 8900 at the moment....

Attachments

• DSC00558.JPG
    DSC00558.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 5,059
  • DSC00560.JPG
    DSC00560.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 5,058
my Commuter

I've been commuting on a ('95?) Jamis Durango. It isn't pretty, but it gets me back up the hill after work, and I don't worry about it getting stolen or dinged or whatever. It's mostly built up from whatever i had laying around, but I do like the red Odyssey A-brakes(now matching front and rear) and Serfas Lola saddle.

edit: a picture!
DSC_0027.JPG

Back