99 Sunn Exact Ti Proteam ex Ludo Dubau

renaldo

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I bought this a little while ago from a friendly Frenchman, who bought it directly from the man himself, an ex-Ludovic Dubau team bike :D
I bought it as a pretty much complete bike but made some small changes (brakes, tyres, saddle) and really like the spec and the way it looks and rides so will probably leave it as is, except maybe for some wider bars.

Spec and pics:

Frame: Sunn Exact Ti Proteam (Morati)
Fork: Obsys Carbon

Headset: Chris King NoThreadSet SV
Stem: Syncros
Bar: Brute (Sunn)
Grips: SRAM Racing

Brakes: Avid SD Ti
Brake Pads: SwissStop Blue Sky
Brake Cables: Shimano XTR
Brake Levers: ESP 9.0

Shifters: ESP 9.0 SL
Front Derailleur: Sachs
Rear Derailleur: ESP 9.0 SL
Derailleur Cables: Shimano XTR
Cassette: Shimano XTR M960
Chain: Sachs PC59
Cranks: Race Face Turbine
Chainrings: TA Specialites
Bottom Bracket: Hope Ti
Pedals: Bontrager RE-1 / Wellgo MG-1

Hubs: Mavic Crossmax
Rims: Mavic Crossmax
Hub Skewers: Mavic Crossmax
Tyres: Hutchinson Python NG Airlight

Saddle: Fizik Gobi XM Kium
Seatpost: Race Face XY

Weight: 21.4lbs / 9.7kg

IMG_007.jpg

IMG_073.jpg

IMG_146.jpg

IMG_148.jpg

IMG_151.jpg

IMG_145.jpg

IMG_143.jpg

photo1.jpg

IMG_129.jpg

And a couple of little family portraits

IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_2171-1.jpg

:shock: that's a great bike - love it, also with some history :cool:

your butt is used to only one saddle ;)

if you ever thinking of selling one of the SUNN's give me a shout - love the SUNN's from the late 90's :D

magas":20s8lg5q said:
:shock: that's a great bike - love it, also with some history :cool:

your butt is used to only one saddle ;)

if you ever thinking of selling one of the SUNN's give me a shout - love the SUNN's from the late 90's :D

Thank you :) Would be great if anybody has any pics of the 99 Sunns in action.

And yes I do like my Fizik Gobis :) Its quite nice jumping on each bike and it feeling familiar.

biocandy":20s8lg5q said:
mega cool bike.. lucky chap..!

how much did you pay? :p

Hey, glad you like. It wasn't cheap, but not too much more than any ti frame.

lovely sunn collection.. a bit too much by the books to please my creative mind, but never the less impressive.. how does it feel to ride a world cup winner? feeling the preassure i hope!? ;) when are u going to change to avid ultimates and put on a sunnproteam mr. patate..?

have a sunny

I am feeling the pressure, pretty certain I cant do it justice....but having fun trying :D
I agree the builds are pretty conservative but I have reasons for wanting each of these this way, except maybe the Exact Columbus.....might be an excuse to get myself a bare metal ti and go crazy :D

biocandy":2sfwcgir said:
when are u going to put on a sunnproteam mr. patate..?

When you sell me yours ;)

that is a fine collection...of sunns

I am very jealous of you and your collection......& to own a team bike is the ultimate for a sunn collecto....I missed out on a sunn chippe team frame & ti roadie frame a number of years ago...it still haunts me.....if only... :cry:
But I love my exact ti....with matching morati forks, stem, bars...the seat post & cranks well it's just too many $$$$$$
enjoy the ride...a g8 collection of steel & ti :cool:

Cheers Conrads, I think I was very lucky too. I'd love to say that this was something I'd always dreamed of owning but I never really thought about it assuming anything like this would be too rare / unubtainable, and the Revolt was my dream when I was younger.
I did wonder about going for ti bars, stem and seatpost too but I think I've spent enough on this bike for now, although I do like the look or yours...

thanks

Yes I love my sunn but it sits almost unused at present tucked away......it's winter here and I'm on my SS all that sticky mud/water I just couldn't expose my pride & joy to it all...... :LOL: & I have my khs team for riding as well.

moarti stems/m-bars/seat posts are pretty hard to come by.....for reasonable $. I was lucky with my stem & bar........I'm still waiting for a post/m-bar......but what I have will do for now.

Sunns are very rare in NZ and moarti even more sooooooooo. :cool:

Sunn do make extremely well proportioned frames. Quite Kona, but in some way nicer to my eye. I miss my little 1999 Sunn Totall UN soft tail.

Back