And today I did......

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Cut meself :(
Havent done that in a long time :oops: ,bled all over the workshop and then the kitchen floor.
Japanese dovetail saw slipped,the blade is 0.5mm hence it acting like a knife.

Oh well :(

whats wrong with ma hut ? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Iain , in all fairness the council was round the day you were here asking about the neighbour across the road as they won't answer the door and need a gas service , the guy did kinda look like you :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

and if you think ma caves bad now , wait til you see the new one i'm getting :p

this morning I have just regained senses afetr returning from Skye with GPZ900ROC on Sunday evening :p

DSCF3556.jpg

DSCF3542.jpg

and this bunkhouse at Sligachan is well worth staying at if we go on a cycle route again :p
DSCF3549.jpg

:p :p

Gave junior a pat on the back today - he scored a deal on a 2001 GT i-drive for £20 - the bikes complete but his mate was getting rid off because the seat tube is broken (part of it has broken off and someone has drilled through the tube and post and slipped a bolt right through to hold it all in place) - Juniors initial thought was that all the bits can go onto the Diamondback X-link frame that we picked up a few months back. The bike doesn't look like it's had much use really - I checked on Bikepedia and it certainly looks like all the components are original apart from one brake lever which has been changed from the Avid original.
Was the broken seat tube a common fault and has anyone had any luck in repairing/replacing it - or should the frame be retired and we just go with the original plan of stripping?

Good score for the parts if nothing else Buzz. I believe this was very common with the early XCR / iDrive frames... I think the frame I had (that Velo now has) was a warranty replacement from BITD for the very same problem.

No idea about repairs though, but I'll bet someone will take it off your hands, if for nothing else than the iDrive BB parts and rear shock...

old_coyote_pedaller":26l35tg0 said:
Eck, did you manage to find a suitable mech?

i had a good look around tonight and i only have a top pull :? i'll try swapping the cabel clamp bit over from a bottom pull ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back