Mountain Mayhem 2011 - Official Aftermath Thread

Another fantastic weekend :D Great people, bikes, banter, bear suits...and the megaphone was pure genius...." I can see your pants" :LOL:

Bike ridden: '96 Ibis Ti Mojo

Enjoyed my night lap even though I came off. The course was ok but the last downhill sucked.
Congrats to Martin aka harrycrumb for coming 16th in one of the timed Kenda climbs. Hats off again to Geoff Superstrong for flying the RB flag this time in a woollen suit, shirt and tie and to Tim Davies for doing his first lap on the Ti Mega.

Just been looking through some times...Mr Valins a 1:04 and then a 1:00, impressive. Fastest lap I can find was Liam Killeen 44:55 :shock:

A few photos.

Mark goes bear hunting
P1000177.jpg

Run bear, run!!
P1000178.jpg

Nick Craig
P1000179.jpg

Suits you sir
P1000180.jpg

On the prowl
P1000182.jpg

Woody on Dekerf
P1000183.jpg

Ed on Fuquay
P1000184.jpg

Etto Edwards on his Indy Fab
P1000185.jpg

Big wheeler
P1000186.jpg

Makster on Jamis
P1000187.jpg

Gil on Fisher
P1000188.jpg

Fast man in a suit
P1000189.jpg

right! :D back online temporarily!

what an awesome few days! :D everything was rushed for me in the run up to this event, the week before i rode Coed Y Brenin in north wales on thursday and friday then straight to a stag weekend in bristol, then to day shifts and one nightshift and then leave straight for mayhem after getting up after the nightshift!! :shock:

i had to be organised! so my bikes and kit were ready to be loaded almost 2 weeks in advance!!

i picked up my mate adam, headed for tesco's for the essentials, bread, butter, bacon and brown sauce!! :D :D we rocked up around 5.30pm after taking a wrong turn somewhere an d built the tent, the bikes, the campbeds and started on the beer!! :D by this time there were already quite a few people so it was getting pretty social and funny! :D

frday, wake up feeling a little worse for wear, shower, loads of water followed by a cup of tea and a couple of bacon sarnies, that'll fix any hangover! was starting to see more faces turn up, some i knew, some i didn't, by the evening it was like we'd all been mates for years!! :D quality BBQ, and i had sampled the take-away curry shop aswel!! it was good! :D

i asked gus (wu tangled) why he was riding solo, got the best response ever, "you should know by now Jon that i am not a team player" said in the most dead pan jack dee style ever! :LOL: awesome!

Tad (i believe in fixies) was also going solo, i have never seen a solo rider look as constantly happy and up for it as Tad, fair play buddy my hat goes off to you :cool:

i was in the 10 man team, the idea was go as fast as you want/can, and i think we did pretty well, we were a man down (still no contact from this naughty boy!) then stevo blew his knee out during the practise lap but Craig (chiswickcollectables) came to the rescue for a lap after a headset rebuild on his bike by me! :cool:

there was some confusion of laps, regarding who was going out when because of lights etc so i ended up going out for my first lap at midnight!! and due to the rain the previous day i hadn't test ridden the course!! :shock: i was surprised though, i don't know what my lap time was, guessing 1 1/2 hours but it didn't feel like that, i didn't crash and i rode all the course, i was suprised by this because so many others had had problems, maybe they unleashed a little too much fury!! :twisted:

my second lap was the last lap! i took out the proflex, only it's third ride since being rebuilt! it climbs pretty well but the last descent was awesome by comparison with the first lap on the P7! i hit the bombhole and launched it! unfortunately the photographer was fiddling with his camera and missed it! :roll:

i then came past the retro camp to be joined by Lookback, gravy monster and my buddy adam for a roll in together :cool: :cool:

quality weekend and i am already looking forward to next year!! :)

here's a couple of pics :D

Attachments

• Gus and Tad.jpg
    Gus and Tad.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 945
  • the heckle monster!.jpg
    the heckle monster!.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 945
  • superstrong!.jpg
    superstrong!.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 945
a couple more :D

Attachments

• not so muddy fox.jpg
    not so muddy fox.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 942
  • adam hugs a sumo rider!.jpg
    adam hugs a sumo rider!.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 942
Can't really add much more to what everyone else has put, but heckling the bloke in a yellow jersey on the Kenda climb was wicked..... I never did spot him come past later on.... :?

"is that all mountain?" was quality as well....

Massive thanks to the pile of people who helped put up and take back down Lookback Towers - can't remember anyones names now, but you know who you are!

Had such a laugh though. That's my 8th Mayhem and that was easily right up there. Really looking forward to next year and even Mrs Lookback is now thinking of getting some sort of Retro ride (anyone got anything in a nice black and red colour scheme knocking about?).

Quite pleased with my laps to, although still trying to work out how my night lap was faster than my day lap, even though I had about 20lbs of Cateye Stadium strapped to my Psyclone..... :LOL:

Lookback":1dlnnrw2 said:
Quite pleased with my laps to, although still trying to work out how my night lap was faster than my day lap, even though I had about 20lbs of Cateye Stadium strapped to my Psyclone..... :LOL:

That was because it was light-errr :LOL:

Timberline next time dude ride the mans bike ;)

I have to thank rekiborter for his incredible karma! I really am made up and can't quite believe it, top man!

The bears cunning plan meant we have won over the chimps by half a lap despite injuries all round, we did allow then the brief pleasure of triumph though.

Some pictures Mrs E_R took, obviously a few gratuitous shots of me #655
Bikes ridden:
1994 Parkpre pro825 fully rigid
1997ish Saracen kili thing

P1010751.JPG

P1010752.JPG

P1010753.JPG

P1010754.JPG

P1010755.JPG

Ed inspecting the damage to his IF, then before his knee, his priorities are right!
P1010756.JPG

P1010757.JPG

P1010758.JPG

P1010759.JPG

P1010760.JPG

P1010761.JPG

P1010762.JPG

P1010763.JPG

P1010764.JPG

P1010765.JPG

P1010766.JPG

P1010767.JPG

P1010768.JPG

P1010769.JPG

Lightning fast Pete ElPedro
P1010771.JPG

P1010779.JPG

P1010780.JPG

P1010792.JPG

P1010795.JPG

After the 2 night laps I was zonked
P1010796.JPG

Paul heckling the slackers on the last lap whilst slacking on the last lap.
P1010797.JPG

Some people can't read rules nor accept classified results it would appear... Chimps 1 Bears 0 - end of! ;-)

Attachments

• Losing hurts - get well soon bears....jpg
    Losing hurts - get well soon bears....jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 1,155
Back