The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
coomber":1ndum95i said:
gtRTSdh":1ndum95i said:
Pace RC30's sans steerer, do these have any value, the hole for the steerer is 1 1/8, were given to me by a friend, when I sell them I'll give him the money as he needs it much more than I do.

dsc02167o.jpg

I have no real idea but guess around £30-40 as think they go for around £60-80 with steerer.

Steerers are easily available I think.

Thanks Coomber,

After a bit of research it appears there are two lengths available 395mm & 410mm, I'm not sure where this is measured from, but I've measured these and they are 410mm from the centre line of the axle to where the crown race of the headset sits (in other words top of the crown).

TIA for you opinions.

Thanks Alex

Saracen Kili Ultra Ti

I have just decided to get back into mountian biking after at least 6 years off. I'm not sure whether to fix up or sell up and buy a new bike.

I have got a Saracen Kili Ultra Ti. I can't remember when I bought it but I don't think they made them for that long. Would have been about mid 90s

It's the Titanium frame. Got a few modified parts on it. XT gearset. DX V-brakes. Some Riser bar.

Crank/hub is worn and there is a small dent in the top tube.

I have got no idea what it is worth, so thought this would be a good place to start.

The answer will help me decide if I keep it or trade it in for a newer model :?

The bike is at my Mum's house, so these are the only details I can remember off the top of my head.

Re: ManitouHT frame(pics added)

MCsanandreas":1st9wbba said:
MCsanandreas":1st9wbba said:
will get pics but camera on charge now. its a 17" frame made on the 8th of December '94(all stamped on BB).
fair condition but two probs with it,one is a crack in the headtube which has been fixed the other is a dent in the toptube looks like it was caused by lever hitting it.
had it for a while and will never do anything with it so time to move it on.
any clues to what a fair price to ask would be?

HPIM0407.jpg

HPIM0408.jpg

stem not available but would still like an idea of frame value. any ideas folks?
third time lucky? any ideas on a price for this? for sale thread will be up tomorrow even if not!

NOS GT RTS frame - never built up and imported from the US by a friend of mine who is tragically no longer with us and didn't have the opportunity to build it into what I suspect was going to be his dream bike.

It is a US made frame and the frame number puts it at January 1994. Not certain of the actual model though (Team?). The World Champion stickers are also interesting - I haven't seen these on any other pictures I've found, but were clearly applied from new looking at them.

Value and best place to sell?? I guess it would find its true value on ebay..? This is effectively a new frame still, I even have the owners manual still sealed up :shock:

IMG_3336.jpg

IMG_3339.jpg

IMG_3340.jpg

IMG_3341.jpg

Re: Saracen Kili Ultra Ti

rucky544":n780kw2x said:
I have just decided to get back into mountian biking after at least 6 years off. I'm not sure whether to fix up or sell up and buy a new bike.

I have got a Saracen Kili Ultra Ti. I can't remember when I bought it but I don't think they made them for that long. Would have been about mid 90s

It's the Titanium frame. Got a few modified parts on it. XT gearset. DX V-brakes. Some Riser bar.

I have got no idea what it is worth, so thought this would be a good place to start.

The bike is at my Mum's house, so these are the only details I can remember off the top of my head.

What size is it?

They dont come up often so not much to go on but seeing as a steel kili build would be about £200 I'd say £300 for the bike as a whole. If you offer postage.

Photos would help though.

I'd absolutely love it!

coomber":73x4e2ru said:
rucky544":73x4e2ru said:

What size is it?

They dont come up often so not much to go on but seeing as a steel kili build would be about £200 I'd say £300 for the bike as a whole. If you offer postage.

I'd absolutely love it!

I believe it's 18" I'm 5'11 and it fits me nicely. It does have the very stretched position that XC racers had back then.

Having been around the forum looking into everything I am now thinking about keeping it and getting it back out onto the trails.

I will get some photos up when I get my hands back on it. :cool:

Nice to know it's worth something though :D

rucky544":1546k9qn said:
coomber":1546k9qn said:
rucky544":1546k9qn said:

What size is it?

I'd absolutely love it!

I believe it's 18" I'm 5'11 and it fits me nicely. It does have the very stretched position that XC racers had back then.

Having been around the forum looking into everything I am now thinking about keeping it and getting it back out onto the trails.

I will get some photos up when I get my hands back on it. :cool:

Nice to know it's worth something though :D

Yep, see you have a thread elsewhere, excellent you are keeping it look forward to photos.

sutts":1686z1jd said:
NOS GT RTS frame - never built up and imported from the US by a friend of mine who is tragically no longer with us and didn't have the opportunity to build it into what I suspect was going to be his dream bike.

It is a US made frame and the frame number puts it at January 1994. Not certain of the actual model though (Team?). The World Champion stickers are also interesting - I haven't seen these on any other pictures I've found, but were clearly applied from new looking at them.

Value and best place to sell?? I guess it would find its true value on ebay..? This is effectively a new frame still, I even have the owners manual still sealed up :shock:

IMG_3336.jpg

IMG_3339.jpg

IMG_3340.jpg

IMG_3341.jpg

That's a belter is that!! Not sure exactly what it's worth but it's at least a couple of hundred quid. As you say, it'll make what people are willing to pay on ebay. If you want an easy sale with no fee's put it up on here.

sutts":2ylxcwf8 said:

IMG_3336.jpg

That's really rare, the NR3 shock alone is worth £150+ in NOS condition, s/hand £50 then a £100 rebuild. I base that on what I've just paid!

If it were a 16" I'd offer you £300 here and now to replace my tidy RTS2, I'm struggling not to anyway to be honest, but then it's really too good to use IMHO, but then another thought is that they were built to use, damm I want it but just can't justify it!!

gtRTSdh":2ostauau said:
sutts":2ostauau said:

IMG_3336.jpg

That's really rare, the NR3 shock alone is worth £150+ in NOS condition, s/hand £50 then a £100 rebuild. I base that on what I've just paid!

If it were a 16" I'd offer you £300 here and now to replace my tidy RTS2, I'm struggling not to anyway to be honest, but then it's really too good to use IMHO, but then another thought is that they were built to use, damm I want it but just can't justify it!!
I am also a lucky owner of the team version of this frame. I bought it and had it shipped over from the states like your sadly departed friend a few years ago. I've built it up and ridden the London to Brighton on it, but that's it. Too nice to trash. I think I was lucky with what I paid for mine, as it didn't meet the reserve, but Tunney offered it to me anyway, and another nos frame, but without the piggy back shock sold a few hours later for more than double what I paid. This was a two years ago now, so difficult to say for sure, but I'd say at least £200 easily. I sold a pretty mint rts-1 that was black, and 16 inch (again imported from the states) for somewhere just shy of that (iirc) earlier in the year.

Hope this helps?

Oh, if you do decide to sell, being an rts fan myself, if yours is an 18 inch (only sold my black one as it was too small and I had an18 inch team in the shed), would you take £50 posted ;) Seriously though, I would be very interested if you did decide to sell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back