Mountain Mayhem 2011 - Official Aftermath Thread

*stopping with Tad and chatting to a chap at the top of the course at midnight and Edwards bumbling past like a great oaf on a gate and just saying a terse, "you're filth" without stopping. Then the chap saying, "Did a bear just ride past on a Cannondale and call you both Filth?" :LOL: :LOL:

Crying with laughter at this; I think the whole thing's left me a bit tired and emotional - but then we were led by a captain with a broken rib who still got everyone up & organised for our slick changeovers ("what do you mean he's back already - bastard contact lens won't go in & I've had no breakfast - gimme that coffee!"), and then still put in the laps against our protestations! Proper hero :cool: Plus the unflappable metronome bear and the World Champ racing in a sling without a murmur of complaint. What a fantastic team! :D

So proud to have been part of it and had a great weekend. Thanks to JV, Mark and everyone else involved in organising the RB presence - we were known and loved all round the track & campsite, at least that's how it seemed to me :LOL:

The last lap giant jelly-baby feeding station (you had to snatch one off the top of a post as you rode past) was a huge boost, as were the cheers for four inches (enough for anyone) of air off the Jump of Doom.

So many fabulous memories keep coming back one after another, but mostly the grim determination of the bears in the face of adversity, humbled, privileged, knackered, keen for more...

Thanks to everyone who showed up and provided such a magnificent atmosphere, congratulations all round!

*and apologies to Mr Craig for nearly taking him out at the finish - it was all Gav's fault... :oops:

Dickyboy":1vitbekz said:
I would have thought riding a Litech would have brought out a fair bit of ribbing - maybe the stealth mode & fear of it bursting into flames kept you at bay? ;)

Meant to check this out - mine only got a one lap outing but didn't disgrace itself, very comfy fast ride. Gearing was a little high for me by lap fourandahalf though :oops:

RetroBike HQ...
DSCF6908.jpg

Check out that sky...
DSCF6862.jpg

'Slick' changeover, "It won't go around my fat ankle...!"
DSCF6866.jpg

A welcome sight
DSCF6911.jpg

The World Champ, carrying injury but still banging in the fast(ish) laps (possibly on a lot of medication by the look of euphoria):
DSCF6889.jpg

What a team of athletes (stomachs in lads)... :?
DSCF6915.jpg

Narcissistic popping off the bridge sequence
DSCF6899.jpg

DSCF6900.jpg

DSCF6901.jpg

Great stuff Pete, it was all indeed great, even the being sent out by Crash Bandicoot sans breakfast and feeling a little trembly by half way.

Directed at all There was some Lezyne stuff left in the Retrobike HQ - PM me if it's yours and I'll get it in the post.

ededwards":2v4fav2x said:
Great stuff Pete, it was all indeed great, even the being sent out by Crash Bandicoot sans breakfast and feeling a little trembly by half way.

I'm never riding that 'Stars, no matter how lovely it is, the thing's cursed!

Directed at all There was some Lezyne stuff left in the Retrobike HQ - PM me if it's yours and I'll get it in the post.

If there're no takers on the Lezyne stuff how about ebaying it for an extra hecklerphone for next year...?

Is it a good or a bad thing that clearly there will be a Phil Spector-esque wall of Hecklemaphone sound at next year's mayhem?

:LOL:

Wu-Tangled":1usou2hc said:
Is it a good or a bad thing that clearly there will be a Phil Spector-esque wall of Hecklemaphone sound at next year's mayhem?

:LOL:

A good thing. We'll have to announce the megaphone curfew well ahead of time for 2012.

Fantastic weekend again with the great people who make up Retrobike ! I was a member of the NW Unleash the inner chimp team ....don't think i did get round to unleashing my inner chimp though! The whole weekend was a brilliant laugh from start to finish. The MEGAphone was a stroke of genius ! It was great to meet to regulars and also meet some new people from the site and i'll definately be back for next year!

Just a selection of my photo's

i1.jpg

mm13.jpg

mm2.jpg

mm3.jpg

Super tidy KHS , well done Andy B
mm4.jpg

Runner up for mr_ship. The Mountain Goat just couldn't make it to the top this time !
mm5.jpg

Deserved win for GM's double u-brake Trekker ...stunning bike !

Giant Jenga time
mm9.jpg

Drystonepaul aka Log-chopper in action ...very precise!
mm10.jpg

The headband kids weighing up the options
mm11.jpg

....and it all ends as Craig chooses badly !

Race time !!
mm14.jpg

You know when youve been Tango'd ! Harrycrumb use's full Orange power!
mm17.jpg

mm15.jpg

mm16.jpg

mm18.jpg

mm19.jpg

RESPECT to the Suuuuumooooo team , good effort lads

mm20.jpg

My inner chimp team , well done guys another top notch performance

@ MR K - my bike of choice was my 97 Dekerf Generation

Specail thanks to John for all his hard work making this such a brilliant Retrobike weekend. :cool:

Back