Mountain Mayhem 2011 - Official Aftermath Thread

Bikes ridden:
IF SS Deluxe (mine)
1988 Saracen Trekker UU (James')
1991 Hamdale (Dorian's)
1991 (?) BOTY Alpinestars Ti Mega (Crash Bandicoot's)

Not particularly retro focused but decent video www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6lbllwN2H4

Attachments

• 251184_10150350351494762_612249761_10274327_4234197_n.jpg
    251184_10150350351494762_612249761_10274327_4234197_n.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,253
NakedGav":2x3h7yt8 said:
Supernaut":2x3h7yt8 said:
particular highlights included.........hearing Gav talk about passing folk downhill on his rigid Kona

No matter how much the climbs hurt it more than made up for it every time :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I think you're underselling your weekend a little though Lee, I suspect your main highlight was being part of the open men's winning team - congratulations :D :D :D

Oh yes, there was that I suppose :D
Thanks mate.

Sounds like a great event, tell me, when entering a team is it a requirement to get sponsership for charity, or is that entirely down to you, ie pay your entry money & your team is in? Also can anyone tell me the length of a single lap please?

1997BlackC5":2s62vjtx said:
Sounds like a great event, tell me, when entering a team is it a requirement to get sponsership for charity, or is that entirely down to you, ie pay your entry money & your team is in? Also can anyone tell me the length of a single lap please?

There's no obligation to ride for charity. As far as I know most riders probably don't, which is a good opportunity missed I suppose.

Lap lengths vary. Last years was about 9 miles. This year it was about 10.3 miles.

It's a very well organised event, it's friendly and it's great fun too.

i raised some money for my local maternity ward, its too hard to get everyone signed for the same so single arrangements are best imho

full repoert from me soon

this has had me rolling and giggling in my seat for most of the morning.

great write ups for what looks to be a great event.

ever so slightly green with envy :)

I definately need to get fit and blag a space on a team next year, looks like great fun was had by all.

Sounds like a great event, tell me, when entering a team is it a requirement to get sponsership for charity

No, but I did find it an excellent motivational tool whilst doing solo last year :) - I mean you can hardly blag on about doing a 24hr event & then have to go home & admit to giving up before the finish can you.

Extreme gratitude to the lovely people who cleaned my bike outside the solo tent just before night fall - true mayhem spirit :D sorry it didn't manage to keep me going to the bitter end :oops:

Think I must have missed the best of the retrobike camp heckling - "going well 34" wasn't really up to the standard I was expecting - I would have thought riding a Litech would have brought out a fair bit of ribbing - maybe the stealth mode & fear of it bursting into flames kept you at bay? ;)

I've only ever done MM once and the vibe was too serious, this looks like much, much more fun! I can see it's actually dry from the pics which was very different from 2007 (the wet summer)!

Must get along to this next year :D

As always I had a great time at Mayhem both on and off the track. I seem to be a minority that enjoyed this year's course more than the previous two years, though that last bumpy descent was always unpleasant.

All laps were on my 1993 rigid KHS Montana Pro in the Flatlanders mixed 5 team.

Watch out for the bear!

Back