Specialized S Works Steel 1995-final-pics p3

Hi... Like the visual of the handlebar, I'd wish to know the brand and model... And if anyone have the same seatpost model to sell I have interest too... Btw awesome ride...

bruno_h2":3pdc881b said:
Hi... Like the visual of the handlebar, I'd wish to know the brand and model... And if anyone have the same seatpost model to sell I have interest too... Btw awesome ride...

its a "barflex" bar
I believe swiss manufactured
from about the same period 94/95 I think
possibly one of the the first bar with carbon fibers.
Its not hollow - wonder what is the center made off - and the outside is weaved carbon fiber and a bit of kevlar I belivev. About 150 g for a 56cm bar.
it was supposed to be more confortable as it was having a bit of flex.
A seatpost was manufactured in the same manner. But issues with the bond to the upper part

rarely seen. was on some scott I believe. ;)

there was also a "bike stab" bar along the same features but the section along the bar was actually flat and thinner between the center and both ends.

i had one of those 'barflex' bars back in the day that i bought off my mate for £40. he had paid £100 for it cos he showed me the receipt and assured me it was unbreakable.
i told him i would break it and then he could get £100 back and that i'd have £50 of it.
being a man of my word i broke it pulling a wheelie of all things, so nothing too disastrous!
when he went to send it back he was told the company had gone into receivership and there was nothing he could do about it.
so he was £60 down and I was £40 down.
as homer simpson would say
DOH!!!!

Really?? Interesting... So I think it's better to me (or my face??) to be better off them lol... But still interested in the same seatpost model... thanks bduc61 and raveydavey for the quick reply!!

I think your bikes gorgeous and you have done a great restoration job.

I have one the same and I am just starting out on the restore job. It was the best bike I have ever ridden by far.

It will be fully rigid with the original spec' fork, Gripshift 800 8 speed shifters, Dia Comp 987 cantis/ SS5 levers. Mavic & Hope rear wheel.

I will need a new chainset (I only have a spare STX from a '94 Rockhopper) and front wheel (currently Specialized Z23 on STX). Mine is also the beautiful blue grey with black and yellow S-Works transfers and it has a '94 frame number. Also a new 1" headset will be needed.

Do you or does anybody else know of a good place to get this resprayed as close to original colour as possible?

Tips & advice will be gratefully received. Should I try to stay vintage or should I upgrade new? I want to do this right :)

specializedstu":1qcd9ez0 said:
I think your bikes gorgeous and you have done a great restoration job.

I have one the same and I am just starting out on the restore job. It was the best bike I have ever ridden by far.

It will be fully rigid with the original spec' fork, Gripshift 800 8 speed shifters, Dia Comp 987 cantis/ SS5 levers. Mavic & Hope rear wheel.

I will need a new chainset (I only have a spare STX from a '94 Rockhopper) and front wheel (currently Specialized Z23 on STX). Mine is also the beautiful blue grey with black and yellow S-Works transfers and it has a '94 frame number. Also a new 1" headset will be needed.

Do you or does anybody else know of a good place to get this resprayed as close to original colour as possible?

Tips & advice will be gratefully received. Should I try to stay vintage or should I upgrade new? I want to do this right :)

thanks for the compliment ;)

Can't advise on a respray shop but in any case I believe
respray is going to be tricky
I did a few paint touch ups on my frame, and had a lot of trouble to come to a similar shade :shock:
Not only is this a blue grey but it has a bit of a silvery and sparkle shade so presumably very tricky to come to the same result.

about the build. I have done it rather period correct but will probably alter it for sporty use with better brakes ;)

You can have a go with period parts first as you have the original fork. :idea:

what do you think of the forks?
I have a pair up for sale but am thinking of keeping them and using them on one of my Explosifs...

Back