How much for a ti frame?

dom_k

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
how much would a nice ti frame set you back? 2nd hand of course.... just for an idea - dont seem 2 see that many being sold.

Oh dear.....

..its the how long is a piece of string question. Hope to give you an indication tho as Im helpdul like that.

Ok - for example...

A Fat Titanium would set you back round about £600 I think for a frame (approximate)

Kona Hei Heis we have seen on Ebay tend to go from £400-700

(although Ive picked up Hei Heis for 200, 300 and 350 before)

Merlins can go from anywhere again from the £500-700 mark

(Havent seen one for sale in a while tho)

Anything else lush and ti-like around the same figure...

Cheap ti (lesser known brands) can be picked up for £200-£350 I imagine.

Most of these figures are just my rough guessing really from what Ive seen on classifieds and on ebay.

The addition of a disk mount or 1 1/8 headtube versions tend to go for more as they tend to be more versatile in the modrn kit world.

depends where you're buying from as well. brand new titus titaniums in the states 1 1/8headtube disk mounts with warranty, able to run 100mm forks for around £700. sandvik own brand also fairly cheap on cambriabike.com

I got an Orange Vit T off eBay less than a year ago for £265 if that's any use as a guide.

Scant, you mean the TST frames?

TST made frames using Sandvik tubing for the likes of Kona back in the day when Kona did the ti frame thing, they've built frames for others such as Dean too.

Sandvik just make the tubing don't they?

:)

Steve,

Titus Ti is an independant framebuilder out of Arizona.

TST is Sandvik...a number of years ago Sandvik renamed their sports production department to TST and incorporated it to keep the production of tubing and the fabrication separate. They and Litespeed built for well over 100 other companies private label. Very few Ti bikes in the 90's were actually built by the name on the frame.

rody

Thanks for the info Rody.

Seen the TST frames around in the King Kahuna style (but without the gussets as I remember) discovered that they used to make the KK/Hei Hei/Score frames for Kona and frames for Dean but I didn't know that TST and Sandvik were one and the same.

Wheels within wheels.....

Back