2003 Specialized Rockhopper STOLEN - Marchmont, Edinburgh.

irontam

Old School Hero
My Brother's 2003 Specialized Rockhopper was stolen a couple of weeks ago* from his stairwell. Came home to find the remains of his bike lock lying at the bottom of the stairs. :(

Don't have any pictures to hand (hopefully he'll supply me with some), but it's got a XL frame, distinguishing features are: a pair of Kona Jacksh1t pedals I put on it and a ridiculously large Continental Mountain King 2.4 tyre on the front.

Picture for illustrations sake:

rockhopper_2003.jpg

Probably a little late, but if anyone sees it advertised or is offered it, please let me know ASAP. Thanks, Tam.

*Only just found out, think he was a little ashamed.

Only just found out, think he was a little ashamed.

naa probably just glad to see the back of it
get him a good bike next :LOL:
[/quote]

Obviously the weekend for it. A mate got his Cannondale Bad Boy stolen from his stair on Sunday afternoon. Despite me telling the daft get not to keep it in there.

20 inch frame, black of course. Easily recognizable as it has a few red bits on it I put on for him. So the bottle cage bolts, headset spacers, top cap are all red which stick out a bit on a matt black bike.

@ Mikeee - A bit harsh? :shock: Not the most exciting bike, but cost him 450 notes new. :(

Not the safest of stairwells - someone had broken the front door lock previously, possibly in preparation for the theft.

Doubly gutting as I had given him a seat & post shortly beforehand to replace one that had been half-inched a few weeks before. :?

Ignore mikee, it could have been a 5 grand specialized and he would have said the same :)

To think is he has now amassed 52 frames in search of the perfect ride, he could have settled it years ago by buying a specialized :) ;)

i work all over edinburgh 90% of the time so if i see it you know someone will be flattened and you can pick it up from mine ;)

The Ken":avsp11w1 said:
Ignore mikee, it could have been a 5 grand specialized and he would have said the same :)

To think is he has now amassed 52 frames in search of the perfect ride, he could have settled it years ago by buying a specialized :) ;)

tis the other way TK
trying to find something worse than a generaliZed
that santa cruz is bloody close tho

errrr i have just seen the pic posted by you tam

thats just like the one in the 97 > readers wives bit ?
aberdeen bloke buys generalized , i congratulated him on it BTW

Back