to split or not to split, that is the question

pullingteeth

Retro Guru
i have a colnago mexico in red an white, fish scale pattern, crimped tubes , that i'm going to sell,c record i think and gorgeous delta brakes.
the brakes go for a fortune on a certain auction site, the rest of the groupset is very good, large flange hubs on open CD'd.
i need as much as i can get, a bike of a lifetime has come up and i need as much for it as possible... what would you do, split it?
i don't really want to , it deserves to be kept together, but i think its probably worth more in bits... what do the experts think?

Sad but probably worth more as parts :( I've just built an Alan, admittedly with nice components probably cost between £800-£900 but probably struggle to sell built bike for £600, noboby seems to want to pay big money(true value) for complete bikes, but will shell out to buy nice frame then spend even more building it up, part of the fun of building a retro build from the frame up, it depends if you need lump sum straight away(sell complete) or sell as parts and wait for a little longer for money to come back to you.

Isn't there a bit of a time difference between the Mexico and C-Record? Is this possibly a frame that was upgraded later? Regardless, sounds top drawer.

Splitting it will probably bring the best return but it will obviously be much more time consuming (all that packing, all those trips to the Post Office, all those fees).

mexico

not completely sure of time line, i think it's an esa mexico?
i have put it on the 'bay as a complete bike, like you i considered all the admin and packing and fees and decided to go for broke

Back