It will be the only one in the world Merlin Di2- Finished

Nice one Andy :)

I must admit I thought 'electric shifting hmmm' but after reading the fairwheels write up I was impressed with the way it selects gears for you in terms of ratio selection :cool:

very interesting thread, shame I'm not going to be at Mayhem to see the bike in action... DO get some better photos up! :)

Andy, thanks for the little test ride of your awesome machine at Mayhem. The gear change is stunning, I just love the noise it makes at it changes. Think i've seen the future of mtb gearing on your bike, top stuff.

sinnett177":18y8oe71 said:
Andy, thanks for the little test ride of your awesome machine at Mayhem. The gear change is stunning, I just love the noise it makes at it changes. Think i've seen the future of mtb gearing on your bike, top stuff.

what is the noise? :? :)

my first sample of the Retrobike camp yesterday was seeing a gathering of retrobikers around a steed ...Thought ooooooww whats the fuss about strolled over and I with the others stood there in amazment as up and down the gears the rear mech was whirring .... Superb!! :cool:

Dead Rats":17lx1n1e said:
sinnett177":17lx1n1e said:

what is the noise? :? :)

Everyone is amazed at the noise. It is a whirling electronic sound when the front mech self trims or moves between the rings.

I must admit i did meet quite few excited people. It was all to much for me. Great day.

thanks andy

saltyman":12l5h3r2 said:
:cool: this is cool, do the gears ever need to be re set or do they stay just always work 100%?

Once set they self adjust to always be accurate, but i have not abused it enough to say wether this is fact yet.

i am now going to di2 my 96 yellow klein adroit but this will involve splining cables, so it will be a challenge. should be fun though.

Im sure my local bike shop i used to do my last build will be up to the challenge. got the shifters and the cables and cassette, just await the rear mech and front mech.

thanks andy

Latest posts

Back