Postie's bin...

andrewl":1rzjzly7 said:
Would have been interesting to put this next to the 01 Solitaire for comparison ;)

I have, the stats, from memory...

'99 Singlespeed, 1.95kg, 22.5" tt, 19.5" seat tube, min 16.5" chainstay.

'01 Solitaire, 1.8kg, 23" tt, 19.5"seat tube, min 16 1/8" chainstay.

Quite a difference in spec. The Paul track ends on the '01 are much prettier and the seat stays seem to be more slender.
The Dekerf trademark downtube gusset is missing from both, probably to keep the price down, yet the "cut price" Generation (same price as the Singlespeed at the time) still has this gusset...
The seller included a brochure , which I shall have to scan.

very nice
looks even better built ,whats it ride like then ?

sorta looks just right , perfect proportions

Ta!
I only managed to fit in a short ride, and spent most of that shaking my head in disbelief at how bad the Judys are. OK, they're old, they've probably never been serviced, and they used to belong to a fat lad so probably have the stiffest springs inj them, which would account for the 1" of travel. The brake flex and vague steering, though, were just plain scary. I was going to use these on the Generation shopping trolley, but I think I'll get some rigids for that.
The rear wheel wouldn't stay centred either. Shimano QRs usually keep the wheel still, but wouldn't today. I had to stop every 5 minutes to re-adjust.
Other than these issues, it was peachy! A supple ride and showing promise, despite the forks. A gorgeous colour and perfect proportions too! This baby's going to get spoilt! ;)

suburbanreuben":3it5un3c said:
The rear wheel wouldn't stay centred either. Shimano QRs usually keep the wheel still, but wouldn't today. I had to stop every 5 minutes to re-adjust.
is this why the chain has so much slack?!

that frame looks great, can't wait to see a 'real' build! ;)

Back