Not expecting this... Ritchey Softail

heh,..looks awsome... i was thinking about getting a black crankset and green hugi hub/wheels for mine...

Attachments

• R mine.jpg
    R mine.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 2,570
Nice, nice, nice, nice!
Congratulations!

Take out the wheels, give them to me and put in some nice wheels. :)
The wheels (hubs) look very nice, but not in that bike.

Well done, and make it a nice replica.

Superb. Needs red hubs and maybe a Ritchey fork like Fritzlite's. Although wasn't the soft-tail designed with front suspension in mind?

I agree with Rumpfy that it looks a bit incongruous at the moment with a modern disc-only Pace plus retro cantis.

Anthony":3iexk6e5 said:
Although wasn't the soft-tail designed with front suspension in mind?

IMO rear suser looks very odd with rigid front. really needs front sus. Strange that front suser looks OK with rigid rear :roll:

Great frame but what a parts mish-mash. For some reason even the Ritchey carbon post seems wrong to me?
I have a Moots Ybb and love it. There is no pogoing or stinkbugging that I have ever felt. In fact the only way to feel what the rear end is doing is to lock it out and remember what a rigid rear feels like.....(I think there is a joke in there somewhere).

tintin40":2naw9xc9 said:
IMO rear suser looks very odd with rigid front. really needs front sus.

Just what I was going to type.......

Am I going mad, or did the Ritchey make or their team use a sus stem, with a big spring in it. That could work instead of using sus forks????

Lid":c25ecytw said:
Great frame but what a parts mish-mash. For some reason even the Ritchey carbon post seems wrong to me?

I agree. IMO this paint scheme needs a silver post. I have the same issue with my 97 Kilauea, which is a sort of purple side of blue colour. I've got a carbon Syncros post which I'd love to use on it, but I've tried it and black parts just don't look right with that frame. It was designed for silver and it needs a silver post, silver wheels etc.

That is a problem for retro, because now everybody prefers black and silver seems lame in comparison, but most of the early-mid 90s colour schemes were designed with silver components in mind and many of them IMO look wrong with black.

Back