Little Frame

ReeDorDee

Retro Newbie
I decided to build up a budget single speed for my girlfriend and bought an old Raleigh MTB frame because it was new but cheap. I didn't think far enough ahead to consider how I don't have any spares at all that would fit an MTB frame and would therefore have to buy EVERYTHING!

I'm thinking about cutting my losses and starting again with a road frame before I have to get involved in things like USA BBs, 3 piece cranks, etc that I neither understand nor can afford!!

Does anyone have anything perhaps somewhere between 50cm to 53cm that they want to get rid of? It is going to be budget though so I'm thinking the further away from £80 the better. Cosmetic condition isn't a huge issue, I don't mind stripping something down and painting it back up. It's more a case of the price being right.

Let me know

frame

hi
i have a small MBK road frame and forks in good useable condition
some surface rust,but no damage.
Red and White.
i will have to check the frame size
It has rear dropouts that's suitable for single speed or fixed
I can get some photos for you tommorow evening if interested
I'd be happy with £60 including courier costs to uk mainland
Malc

little bike

Hi again
Here are some pictures of the MBK Road frame 1980s

The Chainset will be removed!!!

Frame size:
C-T Seat tube 50cm
C-C Top tube 53cm
Seat post 25mm
Rear dropouts 126mm
Malc

Attachments

• MBK 004.jpg
    MBK 004.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 1,180
  • MBK 006.jpg
    MBK 006.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,180
  • MBK 007.jpg
    MBK 007.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,180
  • MBK 005.jpg
    MBK 005.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,180
A Raleigh Arena 5 speed frame and forks in 19"? It was designed for 26 x 1 1/4" rims, so 700c would fit but not with big tyres.

Free for collection from Derby.

Thanks all, but I think I've managed to source something.

Malc, that is beautiful. Had my GF's appreciation of bikes stretched a little further than the colour (which I've been instructed cannot be red!), I'd have bitten your hand off. Thanks for the pics though.

Monty, That On One would have also been tempting had it have been a little cheaper. I like a nice Pompino!! Thank you all the same.

Chris, your offer is tempting regardless of having found something else just as a back-up! I'm in London so collection from Derby wouldn't really work for me - even though I did go to uni there and have fond memories of the place! Would you be interested in posting? If so, how much for it posted? Let me know.

Thanks all

Nick

Back