Offroad Master 1989

Cool, I am glad it turned out an interesting bike and you had the bottle to go for it!. . . . . . .so when do we talk finders fee???? :LOL:

lol, will let you have a go sometime duke, seriously though, hats off to you for recognising it as an offroad, and seeing through all that manky tat and grime and paint. does make you wonder what other gems are out there for £10.

i definitely owe you a beer duke :cool: :cool: :cool:

now how about working out what sugino crank came on it originally and finding me one of them :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Charlieboy28":20tah7rf said:
i definitely owe you a beer duke :cool: :cool: :cool:

Deal! :LOL:

As for the crank. . . . . . . .I will have to pass, think its out of my knowledge range :LOL:

Well done

Well done to all concerned! The "is it/isn't it?" thread was cool

I'm sooooo happy to find it worked out well!

She's a beauty even if in the rough, now you've cleaned her up!

Attachments

• offroad master.jpg
    offroad master.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,193
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
nevadasmith":662ynuza said:
Charlieboy28":662ynuza said:
anyone know anything about the rear block, it doesnt seem to be cassette or screw on, cant work out how it attaches or detaches :? :? :?

Good skills on getting this and for putting the effort in to restore it - its going to be a really rare beast when you've finished ad that early flexstem is :cool:

I think its a cassette that you need two chain whips to remove - the outer cog is threaded on to the cassette body so you unscrew that with one chain and react the rotation with the other chain on any of the other gears.

If it's a Suntour then it'll have a threaded smallest cog which basically bolts the cassette on rather than a seperate lockring like shimano, so yes as is said above 2 chain whips are needed OR a Pamir Cassette Cracker (did I get that name right??)

Lovely bike BTW

the stickers are / were rox stickers i still got my rox " phuq friction get air " sweater from 91 god thats going back a few years !!
they were mtb related items so bit strange if iwas tealeaf who put them on. nice looking bike after you cleaned it tho

offroad

:D ace bike, my brother raced one of these in the scumb scottish series.

he's still got the frame but it's been repainted in black :cry:

:D

Charlieboy28":3l2vop34 said:
all i need now is a powder coaters i can trust.

I've used the one mentioned in my Orange build thread a few times - picked up a GT 3D fork & flip flop stem today & am well happy - near Aston Birmingham & do pretty quick turnaround. Ask for Steve if you want to call & have a chat.

Great looking project :)

Back