One i built earlier - GT Outpost 1992

I don't mind what bike I have but when I found out the G in GT stood for gary it really put me off owning one. I mean who really wants to straddle something called gary? :D

*Sorry to all the GT owners, Gary Fisher owner's and anyone called Gary especially you Mr Glitter!

SPESHMIKE":3prng5m3 said:
I don't mind what bike I have but when I found out the G in GT stood for gary it really put me off owning one. I mean who really wants to straddle something called gary? :D

*Sorry to all the GT owners, Gary Fisher owner's and anyone called Gary especially you Mr Glitter!

Don't forget Gary Klein.

Kleins are sucky bikes too.

SPESHMIKE":3orn92y3 said:

And Breezer, and any others named after their creater, doesnt leave much, more respect to those who name the comapny after themselves, rather than the ones who think giving it something that sounds like a massive evil beast, that will spit fire and rip up the ground, btw what was the reason behind the name cannondale, anyone know,

As to salvaging 2 Outposts to create one, was the fact the one wasnt in good condition when i got it, whereas the other one was better, and about spending money, that pretty much equaled the original value, you have ot remember all those retro car lovers, and car modders, who spend thousands but will never get it back, but as already said, i do respect Rumpfy, as i am a follow of MTBR.com VRC section, and he does say a lot of informative stuff there.

mattbrown":37i7pmdx said:
and he does say a lot of informative stuff there.

I'm sorry Matt, that just isn't true. :cry:

But I am good at making fun of others to make me feel better about myself.

rumpfy":23jvthzu said:
mattbrown":23jvthzu said:
and he does say a lot of informative stuff there.

I'm sorry Matt, that just isn't true. :cry:

But I am good at making fun of others to make me feel better about myself.

Ok, i stand corrected. :)

Re:

Hello. I know im late but I like the GT Outpost I bought one off a rich guy for 10 bucks! Why not? When i was growing up GT was a GT high or low end. Ill restore it just to see what it was like in 1992. I was only 6 then so i wasn't riding 21inch bikes.

I also found and bought a 2001 GT Timberline iDrive a week later for 10 bucks!...ha i think im a GT guy destiny. Someone tell me how to upload pictures on this site. Thanks!

Unfortunately Rumpfy long ago disappeared up his own bottom, never to be seen by mortal man again. However, theres rumour of good trails up there and his collection remains in superb condition due to the low humidity.

Re:

Hey Leg im about 10 years late to the post, anything could have happened by now. I do enjoy a good story. Im listening, please elaborate on his disappearance.

Thanks!

Back