Time ATAC

DaveP_retro

Devout Dirtbag
I've tried Google but get nothing back on age etc....

Can anyone supply information on these singlesided ATAC pedals?:

IMG_20110616_195652.jpg

IMG_20110616_195624.jpg

IMG_20110616_195614.jpg

Cheers. :)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
They can be used as 2 sided peals, in that one side you can clip in and the other has a recess that allows the cleat sit in unclipped. The pedals are weighted so that the hang on an angle that is supposed to allow easy engagement on the clip in side. There were 3 different colour combinations which reflected the model (cro-moly, carbon and titanium I think).

You have to use Time shoes with these pedals as the cleats don’t fit SPD compatible shoes. Even the cleats on the new Time pedals (which are SPD shoe compatible) are different and are not backwards compatible. They need and allan key to be put on, so don’t get caught out trying to put them on a set of Topline cranks that are not threaded right through. I think I still have the leaflet that comes with them, PM me if you want it.

Cheers for the replies... My wife bought them off Ebay after I said I needed a new/old pair for my commuter bike. I had a set of doublesided of the approximate same age, but knew nothing of these ones

LQQK":2h5ql3b6 said:
You have to use Time shoes with these pedals as the cleats don’t fit SPD compatible shoes. Even the cleats on the new Time pedals (which are SPD shoe compatible) are different and are not backwards compatible

The clip-in part works just fine with my existing cleats and shoes. Just not fitted them to a bike yet as I prefer doublesided & got a new set of cheap Aliums. Might fit them to my '97 Mantra if I ever finish it. ;-)

Back