And today I did......

dyna-ti":1shocsz9 said:
Nice bike Rob Nice :cool:
Whats the build plan in the fork dept' Triple or single crown ?

Well ........... I think this model/year came with a lefty fitted but Ive never ridden a lefty, and I think the bike is for trail centre/XC type stuff so Im undesided what to put on YET! :roll:

RobMac":vdl7hwq7 said:
dyna-ti":vdl7hwq7 said:
Nice bike Rob Nice :cool:
Whats the build plan in the fork dept' Triple or single crown ?

Well ........... I think this model/year came with a lefty fitted but Ive never ridden a lefty, and I think the bike is for trail centre/XC type stuff so Im undesided what to put on YET! :roll:

I think the Lefty is great. The Super V I have is better balanced travel-wise front to rear than it would have been with the Headshok that was on it. The problem is that getting a Lefty and Lefty wheel can be rather expensive. The Lefty and wheel I got off eBay cost half what they normally go for, I was lucky. Damper cartridge was needing oil, described as such on eBay, I took it out re-filled it, bled it and put it back in.
Another thing about Leftys and Headshoks too, for that matter, is they need special tools to maintain them yourself, which are expensive to buy if you can get them. I was lucky, Edinburgh Bicycles had a Lefty castle tool in their New Year sale for £8's odds, that are normally around £60+.

Looks cool rob, how many bikes is that then?

......secured some nice true temper handlebars for the Yo :D

Some bling wheels and project fat chance will be finished.

I did a bit of Pollok Park today. Ever since I snapped my Clockwork (which I think was more due to corrosion than impact stress) I've been a bit wary of jumps, but I got some reasonable air today, shat out of the table top though.

I think my next bike will be full sus so I feel I can abuse it more. I love my Klein too much to see it broken, and I always think of it as a bit fragile.

technodup":2j0gxse8 said:
I did a bit of Pollok Park today. Ever since I snapped my Clockwork (which I think was more due to corrosion than impact stress) I've been a bit wary of jumps, but I got some reasonable air today, shat out of the table top though.

I think my next bike will be full sus so I feel I can abuse it more. I love my Klein too much to see it broken, and I always think of it as a bit fragile.

We were there last night, will need to get together one time my man :D

welltoday i got rayaly shafted in paypal :evil:

£1109 was taken out of ma bank account so it's now empty :( i should be covered but on the plus side i've now got another name in the auld "folk i'd never tire of punching" list :twisted:

Back