Freecycle late 70's Viscount

Well I'm in the 'burbs and there aren't many lights on my route, so I can make good progress with 52/18 gearing. You can't do the hipster stuff like fixie skids etc with gearing like that, it's set up for getting a move on. At first I was concentrating too much on stopping with the pedals in the right position but now I just stop where I stop, lift the back wheel slightly with the saddle and pull the pedal round to the right position to start out on. In central London the fixie hipsters seem to rely on fairly short gearing, so they can't go very fast. Toe clips are also a pain in central, I'd switch to flats if I had to ride in the city at all.

Not fancy trackstanding at all? It is bit of a pain when the lights take a while to change though.

Is the orange and white one yours bagpuss? That looks as early as they come - chock full of Lambert parts. My Aerospace Pro just has a Lambert hub:

DSC03783.jpg

I have spent hours ogling the Lambert-Viscount flickr group...

It looks like they actually built quite a few variations, because as well as the ones mentioned here I saw a different one in New York last year and yet another one up at Critical Mass on Friday.

I've sold mine on now, but I've regretted getting rid of it because it was such a comfortable ride. I might see if the buyer wants to sell it back!

Goldie":2rusfpli said:
Is the orange and white one yours bagpuss? That looks as early as they come - chock full of Lambert parts. My Aerospace Pro just has a Lambert hub:

[I have spent hours ogling the Lambert-Viscount flickr group...

Resuced it from the local tip :shock: a couple of years ago
I moved it on as it was to small for me. yes to was all early parts.it even had its original forks :!:

Back